Bigger SD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody tried a bigger SD card than 16GB on the X10?

Advertisement
  2. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

I've not tried it but the 32gb should work. In reality, all devices i've used in the past that supposedly have a limit actually don't, they just only RECOGNISE that amount of storage, it doesn't mean they can't use more :)

3. Gurba

Ok. I've had phone that the manufacturer guarrantied a certain size but they supported bigger. The Nokia N95 was like that but it became really slow with i big card with a lot on it.

4. Gurba

Anybody else tried 32GB SD card?

When I get a new card, can I just copy the stuff from the old to the new and everything is OK or do I need to do something else to make it work? I guess I'll insert the new card into the phone before trying anything.

5. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

i just copy'd and pasted my card contents across, only thing i noticed was my ringtones and txt alerts had to be re-set-up but i think that would of happened when i swapped out the sd anyways?

6. Gurba

Ok. Sound good. :) Too bad highspeed micro SDHC are expensive. :(

7. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

i got a duracell sdhc class 2 takes a couple of minutes to load up but after initial boot all is as it should be.. i listen to music watch video etc with no problems, cost 20 quid for 16gb... just be careful on ebay so many fakes around, look for a seller with a very very high score 100% feedback etc as they have something to lose if you report them to ebay..
    lol i reported 1 guy to ebay and kingston & a few weeks later ebay sent me a