Bike mount for the MagicTips

Last Updated:

1. shokuchi

shokuchi Member This Topic's Starter

Homemade bike mount for the magic

I got so fed up with there being no decent or specific to the magic, mounting system available that I made my own, it slim and it works. I used the shell of a cat-eye brand bike headlamp.
    Check it out if you too want to use mytracks or cardio trainer freely on your bike.

cheers.

Advertisement
    kylelastname likes this.
  2. zukini

zukini Well-Known Member

The Krussle case with the bike adaptor is perfect. Having a case at the other end of a ride is great. Waterproofing is still a problem though. That said the case phone and adaptor all fit in a double sized conference wallet i had. A circle cut out the back for the multidapt ring and hey presto. Splash proof (well maybe resistant) at least.

3. fuddbutter

fuddbutter Member

eeek! i so wouldn't put my magic on my handle bars! i rather go buy something more bike specific and it going to handle slamming into a tree after a 6ft drop off..

and if it does break, it's not going to cost a fair fortune to replace :S

4. shokuchi

shokuchi Member This Topic's Starter

It works just fine, and there currently isn't something more bike specific: that's why I made one in the first place.
    If you are slamming into trees off big drops then you probably wouldn't want anything on your handlebars at all other than maybe a small cateye computer.
    This works just fine especially for road biking and XC trails.

If it breaks? I have insurance on it as part of my cell plan - so I will cost very little to replace.

5. zukini

zukini Well-Known Member

May I refer you to my post above.