Bike Mount

1. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any bike mounts that will work with the EVO? I tried the iGrip mount but it doesn't open up enough to hold the phone in a case. It will barely work if I take it out of the case but don't really want to do that.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member

I got mine yesterday at Walmart. It was a Bracketron for $22. It locks my Phone in Sturdy (With the Body Glove Cover too). It came with a suction cup window mount and a air vent mount. It could be easily clamped to a bike.
  3. RainbowVomit

RainbowVomit Member

I just bought this, i'll test it out and see how it works, i might even post some pictures. i'll get back to you. hope it helps
  4. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

5. Stepintothedark

Stepintothedark Well-Known Member

Hmm.. seems sorta clunky... I'll just stick to waiting for a proper fitting armband...
  6. Braaainz

The problem with the armband method is that you can't see the screen. With the mount, you can still see the screen (recommend anti-glare screen protector) and interact with the phone easier while riding.
  7. RainbowVomit

RainbowVomit Member

8. mynamewastaken

mynamewastaken Well-Known Member

It's been a week, do you have this yet? tried it at all?

I'm looking for something to mount my EVO on my motorbike.
  9. Braaainz

Lol, I went to my local sprint store and asked if they knew of any possible mounts and one of the salesmen said

"oh, wait! You don't want to put an expensive piece of electronics like that on your bike!"

"Yeah, I do" i replied. "that is 1 of the reasons i got insurance."

He wanted to continue to argue with me. some people just don't understand cyclists
  10. AmericanTemplar

AmericanTemplar Well-Known Member

I would like to see a method to attach the Evo to a helmet to use as a helmet cam.
  11. igzekyativ

igzekyativ Well-Known Member

I'm also looking to mount my evo on my motorbike kind like this...
    [​IMG]

No luck so far... I'm considering going to a shop for a custom mount
  12. gezzuzz

gezzuzz Well-Known Member

one bump... bye bye phone...
  13. suc

suc New Member

I purchased this one and it is perfect! ebay item #150473767778.
    Price is great fits ONLY EVO. Now it will be easier to use my Cardiotrainer;).
    If I had to find fault with it is that I can not use a case with it. But I have found Nothing better. Love it. Hope this helps other EVO users. The price is so good I don't think you can make one yourself for the same or less.
    It is shipped from Hong Kong and it takes almost 15 days :eek: to get but they do tell you this.;)
  14. blinky260

blinky260 Member

Doyer, I have one just like what you posted that I use for my TomTom GPS on my motorcycle. My EVO fits in it but I find that even after a short ride, the EVO heats up quite a bit. It may be that the total enclosure doesn't alow air to circulate or maybe it's because I live in Florida. I didn't feel it was worth the risk to fry my phone.

I found this on eBay ( NEW BIKE BICYCLE MOUNT HOLDER FOR HTC EVO 4G BLACK - eBay (item 150475898006 end time Oct-03-10 01:51:20 PDT) )

It's inexpensive, mounted right onto my handlebars (1") and I just got back from a 500 mile weekend ride and it is rock solid. I am very pleased with it.
  15. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

It heats up? Do you have it charging while riding? Does Florida hate EVOs?
  16. MadFlava

MadFlava Active Member

Does this fit the Evo? It says its for the iPhone and the Evo is considerable bigger.
  17. uncrx2003

uncrx2003 Member

I would love to get this too if it fits the EVO. This seems like the best design so far. I would love to have something like this for my bike.
  18. jmdrago

jmdrago New Member

If you are looking for a quality EVO bike mount - here it is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is one of my best sellers. Gets hardly any returns. See it here:
    HTC EVO 4G Bike Mount

Use this code and get 10% off your order: E243-7LLJU

If you have any questions - feel free to email me.

John Drago
    ExtremePDA
  19. igzekyativ

igzekyativ Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/quadlockcase