• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

billed oct7-nov6 but didnt buy until nov7 wtf?

Durkan

Nov 5, 2009
So i got my droid on the 7th, the day after release. Today i get a bill from verizon from oct7th - nov6. How can they bill me for an entire month before i even got the service? Anyone else get a txt from verizon and check the bill online? This is nuts i got the phone 6 days ago and now a bill for a month i never had the phone...

the verizon employee should have explained that if you are coming from a non-smartphone then the bill will be pro rated, basically your bill is gonna be all jacked up until one month after you bought the phone, then it will be regular, its ******** but im in the same boat, just deal with whatever bills they send cuz you agreed to it when you got a smartphone whether they explained it or not, in a month it'll be fine

Upvote 0
Read the bill very carefully. I have been a Verizon customer for a long time, and the bill they just sent me states:

Bill Period: October 08, 2009 - November 07, 2009

But then in the Monthly Access Charges detail under each line, it reads:

Line 1: Nationwide Select Share 1400 11/08 - 12/07
Line 2: Nationwide Select Share 1400 Add'l Line 11/08 - 12/07
Line 3: Nationwide Select Share 1400 Add'l Line 11/08 - 12/07
Line 4: Nationwide Select Share 1400 Add'l Line 11/08 - 12/07

So the "billing period" is 10/8/09-11/7/09, but they are charging me for 11/8/09-12/7/09.

Stupid, but that's what it says.

Upvote 0
So i got my droid on the 7th, the day after release. Today i get a bill from verizon from oct7th - nov6. How can they bill me for an entire month before i even got the service? Anyone else get a txt from verizon and check the bill online? This is nuts i got the phone 6 days ago and now a bill for a month i never had the phone...
If you got the phone the 7th and your bill cycle for the bill you recieved is for oct7-nov6 then it is just a billing error...it's a weird one though.

Read the bill very carefully. I have been a Verizon customer for a long time, and the bill they just sent me states:

Bill Period: October 08, 2009 - November 07, 2009

But then in the Monthly Access Charges detail under each line, it reads:

Line 1: Nationwide Select Share 1400 11/08 - 12/07
Line 2: Nationwide Select Share 1400 Add'l Line 11/08 - 12/07
Line 3: Nationwide Select Share 1400 Add'l Line 11/08 - 12/07
Line 4: Nationwide Select Share 1400 Add'l Line 11/08 - 12/07

So the "billing period" is 10/8/09-11/7/09, but they are charging me for 11/8/09-12/7/09.

Stupid, but that's what it says.
Your bill always charges you a month in advance and shows usage a month behind, it is how all cell carriers operate. If you actually looked at your bills on a month to month basis this would not be a shock to you.

Upvote 0
Your bill always charges you a month in advance and shows usage a month behind, it is how all cell carriers operate. If you actually looked at your bills on a month to month basis this would not be a shock to you.

Not sure if this is directed towards me or not... but if so, I wasn't posting because I was surprised. I noticed that a while back on my bill and figured perhaps the info would help the original poster understand what was likely happening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones