binaural beat generator, sleep and wake-up tool

Last Updated:

1. zonky

zonky New Member This Topic's Starter

I've been experimenting with binaural beats and their affects on sleep. The concept is that by pumping sound into your ears at slightly different frequencies, you can influence your brain function. The difference in frequency is the beat frequency. You want to match that to the brainwaves you want. Theta, for example is about 15-30 Hz depending on who you ask, and occurs in the active awake state.

So I propose an app that would work you down from theta to delta (deep sleep in which REM occurs) and gently wake you at a specified time...

It would be even better to offer sleep cycle advice and maybe a power nap mode that doesn't go all the way to deep sleep.

Sine tones might be ok if they are low enough, but it sbhould also work with softened white noise or even nature sounds, ( just avoid startling things like loud thunder, rolling, distant thunder might be ok)

The app could be even more useful with meditation, focus, and even lucid dreaming modes...

Advertisement
  2. ajclarkson

ajclarkson New Member

This sounds like a really interesting app to try out, I'd have to do a lot more reading into the theory behind it etc first, do you have any suggested resources?

3. thegiorgio

thegiorgio New Member