Bing Voice search does not workSupport

Last Updated:

1. rbcole123

rbcole123 Member This Topic's Starter

When I use Bing voice search, I always get the following message "due to a temporary connection or service issue, we can't get results. Please try again later." This has been an issue over the last 10 days or so. Anyone else have this problem? I brought it to Verizon tech and they couldn't figure it out. Google voice search works fine. I speak loudly and clearly in a quiet environment, using different search terms.

Advertisement
  2. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

Never had this problem, however, overall Bing voice search really sucks. Are you rooted? I rooted and "de-binged" my phone, so I never really experienced this.

have you tried this on both WIFI and 3G? Hate to say this, but have you tried to hard reset the phone?

3. HydroMonster

HydroMonster New Member

Any update on this? I've also had this *exact* same problem and haven't been able to fix it on my Fascinate for a while now...a Google search landed me here.

I tried doing a hard reset but that didn't work for me either. When I first got my phone Bing voice worked fine, but after an update to the Bing software about 2 weeks ago the voice feature shows the "Due to a temporary connection..." message. Regular Bing searches work fine, as does voice search under Google.

I tried this on the Fascinate phones at the Verizon store and didn't see this problem, so something must be wrong here. At some point I might root and "de-Bing" my phone (or perhaps the forthcoming 2.2 update will fix this), but I'd like to fix this in my stock setup.

4. zibzub

zibzub New Member

I too am having the same problem. I get the "due to a temporary connection..." error message when trying voice commands on Bing. Text message voice commands work fine and keyboard input search works fine on Bing. But no dice on Bing voice command searches.

Strangely, Bing will "hear" my command and display the word(s) I am searching for in the search box, but it just won't search. Instead, I get the error message. But, after the message goes away, I can hit my return key on my keyboard and it will then search for the word(s) I am looking for. Strangeness.

5. rbcole123

rbcole123 Member This Topic's Starter

I called Verizon and the rep said they had other complaints on this issue. He didn't know much, but suggested waiting for a software update.