• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JamesFoster

May 16, 2010
Microsoft released the Bing app for android a few hours ago. But because Bing and Verizon have a search deal it is only available on the Verizon appstore.
But thanks to some folks at xda they have already posted the apk.
Here is the link:
New Bing App Out - Verizon only. APK here. - xda-developers
You need to register.
I've tested it on my HTC Desire.
For those that don't know, go to settings - applications - unknown sources. Untick the box.
Then install an app called file manager on the android market.
Transfer the Bing app from a PC or just download it from the droid browser.
Open the file manager and find the bing.apk on your microsd card and then press install.

Please give me some thanks if you want to.

Reactions: Frankiedog
Upvote 0
Is there something that Bing offers that makes it worth using instead of Google? I am happy with Google, you are using a Google android phone BTW
Nope, not really. Bing isn't bad (as well it isn't all that great either), I'm just somewhat petty and go out of my way to not voluntarily support Microsoft (based solely on their business practices..but I digress). There's nothing really wrong with Bing.

Upvote 0
Is there something that Bing offers that makes it worth using instead of Google? I am happy with Google, you are using a Google android phone BTW

I suppose it's really just a matter of preference, but I happen to like Bing. I've found it's good for looking up local information and it's fast. I had it on my BlackBerry and had been awaiting its Android debut.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones