Support Bionic - moving data from computer to SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MegaCynic, Sep 22, 2011.

1. MegaCynic

MegaCynic New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    I would like to move some documents and photos from my computer to the removable SD card on my new Motorola Droid Bionic. I have not been able to find an app that provides pathways to the on-boad (non removable) memory and the removable SD memory. I don't want to use the Motorola Memory Manager App or Drop-Box App to do this because as I understand those services put the data on their own servers in-the-cloud and retrival requires / necessitates data transmission.

I would prefer to merely move some of these personal files to the removable SD card and store them there permanently. One of the Verizon salespeople told me I could just use an SD adapter and plug the SD card into my computer's USB in-put, then drag and drop files to the SD card. This approach seems as if it requires a bit of extra work that should be un-necessary considering that the Motoroal Droid Bionic came with a USB connector cord so one can connect it to the computer and download "stuff". Why isn't there a utitility that facilitates this very common functional capability and provides a view of the paths to the non-removable memory and the removable SD memory?

Advertisement
  2. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Look in your app tray for 'Files'. You can access Internal, Sdcard (yes, the actual external microsd), and Shared folders. There are some options to move things, but I didn't try that.

There are a bazillion threads on installing the Moto drivers and connecting your Bionic to your pc and being able to access Internal, sdcard-ext, and all your pc files. Drag & drop is the easiest for copying pc to sdcard-ext for music, pictures, videos, etc.