Bionic - moving data from computer to SD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. MegaCynic

MegaCynic New Member

I would like to move some documents and photos from my computer to the removable SD card on my new Motorola Droid Bionic. I have not been able to find an app that provides pathways to the on-boad (non removable) memory and the removable SD memory. I don't want to use the Motorola Memory Manager App or Drop-Box App to do this because as I understand those services put the data on their own servers in-the-cloud and retrival requires / necessitates data transmission.

I would prefer to merely move some of these personal files to the removable SD card and store them there permanently. One of the Verizon salespeople told me I could just use an SD adapter and plug the SD card into my computer's USB in-put, then drag and drop files to the SD card. This approach seems as if it requires a bit of extra work that should be un-necessary considering that the Motoroal Droid Bionic came with a USB connector cord so one can connect it to the computer and download "stuff". Why isn't there a utitility that facilitates this very common functional capability and provides a view of the paths to the non-removable memory and the removable SD memory?

2. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

Look in your app tray for 'Files'. You can access Internal, Sdcard (yes, the actual external microsd), and Shared folders. There are some options to move things, but I didn't try that.

There are a bazillion threads on installing the Moto drivers and connecting your Bionic to your pc and being able to access Internal, sdcard-ext, and all your pc files. Drag & drop is the easiest for copying pc to sdcard-ext for music, pictures, videos, etc.