• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bionic on its last legs [question]

kwest12

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
TL;DR - Looking to spend under $300 for a phone. My thoughts are GS4, LG G2, Moto X, Droid Maxx or HTC One. I need it before Friday, so Swappa is probably my best bet. Please provide your suggestions.

I'm leaning towards the S4 because of the removable batteries and my upcoming vacation - would rather not be tied to a charger. I've always always been hard on my battery and I never make it through a day without having to charge or switch batteries.

Other things that matter to me are as follows, in order of importance
  • Snappy performance / low lag
  • Strong developer support (I use root features daily and usually use a latest-android version based ROM with the most fluidity and stability possible)
  • Good camera - I take on-the-fly snaps with friends (and selfies :-x) frequently. I just want decent quality (low light is most important) with the fastest speed possible (I've always admired the iPhone in that department)

There's nothing else that's really popping into my mind that is a make-or-break (I mean, I'm assuming they all have comparable radio strength, WiFi abilities and GPS abilities, right?)

My vote is for a G2. While the battery isn't removable, it has fantastic life to it.
Camera is quick and really great. Assuming you're on Verizon, that variant has very strong developer support and is easy to root.
My wife likes her Moto X but the camera is pretty mediocre.
Can't really comment on the S4 or One but I know they're quite capable phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones