• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bionix 1.4 Black Butter is out and IS WICKED FAST

Upvote 0
I had 1.5 on mine for about 24 hours and lost battery like crazy!!!! I also could find where you can turn off 3g and it didnt work with my car charger, so I reverted back to 1.4, which oddly enough still wont work with my car charger but battery seems good.

ANy idea where to turn off the 3g on 1.5?

Upvote 0
I just flashed bionix 1.5... I have to say the JI6 modem is helping alot with the low reception i get in my condo. as far as speed and the like... im not over clocked nor using the voodoo fix at this time and it seems fast enough... when 1.6 is relased I may OC and use a lag fix again.

Yeah, the JI6 modem is an improvement! I'm finding 1.5 to be a bit buggy; even sombionix admits it is. I expect 1.6 to be out in the next day or two. With that release we should see the stability of 1.4 again. I believe a lot of 1.5's troubles are due to using elements of the JI6 build recently...captured, I guess you could say.

I'm still waiting for Voodoo Beta5 to hit. Viralblack says it will be out "very soon," and he certainly seems a credibly guy.

Upvote 0
yeah I also am missing the edge only setting... other than that though 1.5 is running stable on my vibrant.

yeah viralblack seems to know his stuff. I will reflash when 1.6 is release. its not like its hard to reflash lol its just a PITA to get LauncherPro setup like I like it every time lol

Are you aware that LauncherPro has a backup/restore feature? Unless it's something on the Plus version, you should be able to make use of it. I've tried it a few times and it seems to work well.

Menu>Preferences>Backup homescreens & settings

Reactions: mavictb
Upvote 0
I know that but I have a feeling that 1.6 will have the same JI5 build that does not include 2g only network option... thats a deal killer for me as in my condo my phone tried to switch between 3g and 2g constantly and kills my battery.

Found this after scouring the NET

I think the options are now under the Network Mode GSM/WCDMA. Choose GSM only for 2G.

Upvote 0
Yeah I have great GPS/Battery Life/MMS is working. Battery is draining a little faster, but It sounds like they found out the JI6 is causing this

SHould be a 1.6.5 out tomorrow

yeah MMS was working for me also but my gps was having locking issues... I flashed that additional file that viralblack did and now my gps is awesome. my battery life has taken a large hit though... I dont know if thats due to the JI6 or what.

Upvote 0
yeah MMS was working for me also but my gps was having locking issues... I flashed that additional file that viralblack did and now my gps is awesome. my battery life has taken a large hit though... I dont know if thats due to the JI6 or what.

It's pretty well acknowledged at this point that the JI6 modem is the culprit of the battery drain. It's likely that it will be replaced with either the JFD or JI2 modem in an update that also fixes an MMS bug, GPS and something else that I can't recall at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones