birdman froyo vs bugless beast froyo

Last Updated:

1. ilmar72

ilmar72 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm happily running birdmans froyo V2. I have flash installed. Everything is great. Is there any reason to flash to the bugless beast .1 froyo ROM. ? anything new or different In it?

Advertisement
  2. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

It's much more responsive and faster. I got significantly better Linpack and Quadrant scores. It's bugless beast. Really, pop up menus, settings, everything runs quicker just like BB is known for. I tried Fly v.2. Was too slow compared to 2.1 BB I went back.

Nandroid your ROM, if you don't like BB it takes 5mins to restore it back.

3. ilmar72

Ok thanks. Going to back up now ! And I know its easy to restore. Just hate setting up email,homescreens and all on new rom. :) seems like I'm doing this every week

4. ilmar72

Just got done flashing. Im running faster linpack and quadrant scores now as well. I am however using a P3droid kernel. Im not sure what kernel I was using before(the one posted along with Birdmans ROM). OF course I ran the linpack and quadrant tests at the same clock speeds as when I was running Birdman.

5. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Birdman was using P3droid kernels until he could make his own he said. But I had flashed a different kernel when I installed fly and using the same kernel now. But when you add widgets and stuff doesn't the windows pop up much faster? they do for me, almost no delay most of the time, and with other roms it would take a sec or 2.