1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Birthday & Anniversary Fields in GB -DROID XSupport

1. smartin1504

smartin1504 New Member

Updated to GB and lost birthdays and anniversaries for contacts. Try to edit contacts on phone and these fields no longer exist?

Advertisement
    :
  2. twcowdery

twcowdery Well-Known Member

That would make me VERY unhappy. The more I read about GB, the more I wonder if I want to upgrade.
  3. bigdogsmhs306

bigdogsmhs306 Active Member

in one of my contacts i had their birthday entered in froyo as 09/29/1987 and now in GB it shows 559872000000, i would like to change it but i have not figured out yet and it is really bugging me.
  4. hklevi

hklevi Well-Known Member

Yup all gone....not good.....:mad:
  5. Yeah, mine does the same exact thing. It was really odd.
  6. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Mine are still there. I have used Gmail from day one with Android, so that may be why. They display in a different format (yyyy-mm-dd) but they are there.

If you want/need to add birthdays you can always do it from Gmail. Go to Gmail on your computer. Select Contacts on the left side of the screen. Select the contact you want to edit. 4th field down should be Birthday. You can change this to Anniversary by clicking the word Birthday next to the field. If it's not, click the Add button under the fields and select Birthday from the dropdown list.
  7. shotgunn81

shotgunn81 Active Member

The issue is we shouldn't have to do these g.d. work arounds. simple ish should just work
  8. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I agree, not all of us sync our contacts with gmail.
  9. pedrosnena

pedrosnena New Member

I also have this issue and have tried several things with no luck. Anybody have a fix for this yet?:confused:
  10. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Well-Known Member

A workaround? Sync your account with Google?
  11. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member

Sync with Google. It's the only way I've been able to do it. I disabled the Backup Assistant and only backup with my main Google account.

And yes, it might be stupid, but if you think about it, it IS an Android phone. They probably want people to use Google services instead of the phone company's.