Birthdays, anniversaries etc

Last Updated:

1. ssimjee

ssimjee Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I imported all my contacts from Outlook 2007, and this included birthday info and (wedding) anniversay info for various friends and family.

However, I can't seem to find a way to link this info (which is in the contact info) to the built in calendar on the Desire, which is quite annoying as I would like to be able to browse through my calendar and easily spot upcoming birthdays etc.

Anyone know how I can do this?

Advertisement
  2. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

There are 3rd party apps that will do this. In case you're wondering why this doesn't happen out of the box, you're not the only one!

The Contacts manager is somewhat wanting in other respects, too. For example, you can't enter/use a web address that's associated with a contact.

3. ssimjee

Can you point me in the direction of any of these apps please?

4. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

5. ssimjee

Don't use GMail aside from an account to get into the Marketplace.

However, just found out why it wasn't showing birthdays etc... In Outlook 2007, if you enter a birthday say 10th June 2010, it won't show any historic reoccurances, but if you put the actual birthday (rather then just the birthday), eg. June 10th 1900, then it repopulates the calendar properly.
    Just done that, and now all birthdays etc are showing up in my calendar, so I'm, hoping that when I resync next it will copy that calendar info into my Desire too ;-)
    Will let you know as soon as I have done it ;-)

6. Daduck

Daduck New Member

I have a followup question. I have alot of birthday information entered, and it shows up on my phone. My only issue is that the birthdays are marked as "all day", which means that the persons birthday is the one showing up, instead of all my different task and meetings.

On my old windows phone, I could choose that the "event" was not something I needed to attend.. and it would just be displayed in a smaller way. Is something similar possible on the HTC Desire?

7. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

I found that when I entered a birthday into Outlook it would create an entry in the calendar automatically but then after a random amount of time it would disappear. This of course meant that the entry on the phone would disappear.

The best solution I found was to use Google Calendar to populate your birthdays and anniversaries. Have a look here (under more): Add interesting calendars from Google Calendar - Google Calendar Help