Birthdays being shown incorrectly

Last Updated:

1. ceepan

ceepan Member This Topic's Starter

I have birthday details for some of my contacts entered into my googlemail account.

When I click Phone from the home screen and then select the a contact the Birthday section under information shows one day earlier, e.g. birthday set as 25th August shows as 24/08. Is this a known bug, and if not how do I report it to HTC?

Thanks,
    Paul

Advertisement
  2. Saint2710

Saint2710 Well-Known Member

I had this bug on my previous phone, (Hero android 1.5)) reported the issue to HTC. All dates previous to a particular date are displayed this way. I'll look to see if it's the same on my Desire and try to find the date at which the problem corrects itself to see if you had the same problem as I had.

Edit. Just checked on Desire and I don't have this problem any longer.

3. ceepan

Are you running with the latest update published by HTC? I updated to this last Thursday. Hadn't noticed this issue before that, but it may have been there. My phone was supplied by 3 but is unbranded.

4. Saint2710

Saint2710 Well-Known Member

I've got an unbounded Desire using Voda UK. As far as aware using latest firmware as there is nothing on HTC Europe site.
    As said the date issue is not on my device.

5. ceepan

If I edit the contact I see the correct date being shown. Clicking on it but not changing it, then pressing back and forciong a save means that it is displayed correctly.

Strange.

6. Cheule

Cheule Well-Known Member

I have this bug too, it only affects the odd contact, but when it does some apps report the wrong date - always 1 day out. This is on a HTC Desire running 1.21.405.2 (and was this way before the update).