• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Birthdays

TeamTJ

Nov 17, 2009
I have had a Palm PDA for many years, and just recently got an HTC hero hoping to cut down on carrying 2 devices (phone & PDA).

On of my favorite apps on the Palm was HappyDays, HappyDays - PalmGear.com: Download Palm Software for your Treo, Centro, Tungsten, LifeDrive or other Palm OS Device

It was an app that let you put multiple events in a contacts custom field, and then view them in HappyDays and add them to your calendar, if you wanted.

For example, for my brother's entry, I could put:
* Kurt 1/1/1960
* MaryLou *3/27/1960
* Anniversary 4/25/1990
* Child1 10/10/1992
* Child2 11/20/1994

Then, each line could be added to the calendar and would appear as:
LastName, (whatever was after the *)

I hope that makes sense...

Is there an Android app that would do something similar? It's GREAT for families with kids to remember all their birthdays/anniversaries without having to have a separate contact entry for each.

Thanks!

You do not need ANY contact entries to add something to your calendar. That is how I do it. I set up each one with a reminder as appropriate. Phone calls get reminded day of, people I need to ship gifts to get rminded a week ahead as well. People who do texting get remonded at midnight so I can Happy Birthday them at midnight.

What I wish is that I could link a calendar event to a contact.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones