bit of a problem with clock

Last Updated:

1. thegift_curse

thegift_curse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just flashed NexFro today. Runs beautifully for a ROM still in beta, but I noticed one issue with the dock. The default was set to open the clock app when I put my phone in the dock and I wanted to change it back to the standard dock.

Normally the procedure to do this was to go into Applications, look for the Clock app and clear its defaults. But for some reason I couldn't clear the default (it was grayed out). So I thought I could uninstall the app and it would clear it automatically.

Well I was wrong. I erased the clock app using Titanium Backup, and now nothing happens when I use the dock.

So now I'm just trying to set it back so the clock app shows up as the dock. Before I uninstalled it I backed it up with TB, but now it won't let me recover it. It says it only backed up data, not the app. So what can I do?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Hmm - which file was it that you deleted? I assume it is the deskclock.apk file that you deleted?

DeskClockGoogle.zip

3. thegift_curse

On TB it said Clock 2.2

4. johnlgalt

That is the nice name - the actual names of files in the system aren't nearly as nice as Clock 2.2....

Can anyone else confirm that Deskclock.apk is what he is looking for?

If not, please let me know the right file name and I'll post it here.

5. thegift_curse

I think the file name is deskclock.apk cuz I opened TB again to verify and it said deskclock.apk at first then refreshed to say Clock 2.2

6. thegift_curse

Just installed the file you linked and that did the trick. But now how can I reset the default to go back to the original dock?

7. johnlgalt

There is no original dock in this ROM - previous ROMs that have the 2.1 clokc also had the 2.0 clock included by the ROM developer.

This is a clean ROM, not a doctored ROM or developed ROM.

You'll have to get the old 2.0 dock/clock from another ROM and put it in your phone to have it.

8. thegift_curse

Ah. Heh well I figured out what I was looking for.

The reason why I wanted to clear the default in the first place was because I noticed that in the Preferences menu there was an option to change the dock appearance. I thought by dock it meant the dock screen when you place it on the actual dock. But it just means that little shortcut bar on the bottom/side of the screen

I guess I didn't notice that was what was changing when I tried out the different settings (Glass, Froyo, Froyo wide, etc.) haha

Thanks for your help

9. johnlgalt

Don't worry, I am sure that pretty soon someone will have a 2.2 with 2.0 redux stuff in there....