Bit of help needed

1. Yatezy

Yatezy Well-Known Member

Again I need help, one day I'll learn to stand on my own 2 feet :p

In my rush to root the phone I used a all in one toolbox, mainly out of fear of needing to write into a command box so didn't go through it all. Last night I bit the bullet and learnt how to use the command box and so far so good.

Since I rushed the initial rooting process I didn't take down any info about the phone :/

I've gotten round to getting my CID info but whilst reading on xda about returning to stock (just in case I need to) there where two lines that it's asked to get some info:

fastboot getvar version-main
    fastboot getvar all

The first line returns nothing at, and the second line returns all the information. I could figure out most of it. Now here's the question.

What should the version-main command retrieve?

Secondly when I put the getvar all command in, there was a line saying product id 'm8_UL'. I gather this is my product code but does it mean it's European or carrier branded?

When I've been looking on xda I've noticed product codes as HTC__xxx (with x representing a number or letter), I'm guessing this is what getvar version-main should be getting?

On ARHD ROM with TWRP

Advertisement
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

answering with an example,the "version-main" command would return 1.12.531.19

m8_ul is your product version,and basically means gsm "LTE capable". it has nothing to do with your carrier,cid,mid,etc.

Code (Text):
    2. c:\miniadb_m8>fastboot getvar all
    3. (bootloader) version: 0.5
    4. (bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
    5. (bootloader) version-baseband: 1.14.21331931.LA02_2G
    6. (bootloader) version-cpld: None
    7. (bootloader) version-microp: None
    8. (bootloader) [COLOR="red"]version-main: 1.12.531.19[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]<- main version is also your build number in  "settings/about phone"[/COLOR]
    9. (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
    10. (bootloader) serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxx
    11. (bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    12. (bootloader) imei2: Not Support
    13. (bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
    14. (bootloader) [COLOR="red"]product: m8_ul[/COLOR]  [COLOR="blue"]<- lte capable device[/COLOR]
    15. (bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
    16. (bootloader) [COLOR="Red"]modelid: 0P6B13000[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]<-model id t mobile in my case. different CIDs will sometimes use the same MID[/COLOR]
    17. (bootloader) [COLOR="Red"]cidnum: T-MOB010[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]<-carrier id[/COLOR]
    18. (bootloader) battery-status: good
    19. (bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
    20. (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
    21. (bootloader) [COLOR="Red"]security: on[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]s-on or s-off :eek: [/COLOR]
    22. (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
    23. (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
    24. (bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 0a41237a
    25. (bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
    26. (bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
    27. all: Done!
    28. finished. total time: 0.022s
    30. c:\miniadb_m8>
    your europen device should have a MID of 0P6B10000 and a cid of HTC__001 and a main version(build number) of x.xx.401.xx

other unlocked devices will have MID of 0P6B10000 or 0P6B11000. CID of HTC__xxx is used for alot of diffent unbranded and branded devices

hope that helps :)
    Granite1 likes this.
  3. Yatezy

Yatezy Well-Known Member

Cheers scotty :thumb:

That's helped a lot!

Unfortunately for me mine is carrier branded so my cid is oran001 or something like that. I'll have to checked some of the other stuff :)
  4. Yatezy

Yatezy Well-Known Member

Another question :p

Is there any way to turn the phone into an unbranded version?

On the S3 you just flashed an unbranded firmware which then meant you could get the unbranded OTA's. I imagine it's a little more difficult on the One?

I'm thinking more as a reference, chances are now that I'm rooted and ROM'd I probably won't ever but worth knowing.
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

sure,you can easily convert if you are s off.

change the MID using this thread: http://androidforums.com/one-m8-all...w-change-your-mid-without-eng-bootloader.html

change your CID with the fastboot command:
    fastboot oem writecid xxxxxxxx (exaMPLE: fastboot oem writecid HTC__001)

install new carrier firmware. :)

i typicaly run my phone on us developer or european unbranded firmware,but havent converted my m8 yet since htc and/or the carriers seem to be getting stingy with ruu releases :mad:

be aware that to recieve OTAs youll need to retain the stock recovery,and not modify any system files/bloatware too heavily
    Granite1 and Yatezy like this.
  6. Yatezy

Yatezy Well-Known Member

Fantastic information again! Cheers :thumb: