Bizarre Handcent problem. Please help!Support

Last Updated:

1. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok guys, this is driving me up the wall. I did a factory reset this morning and I have everything back to how I had it. I am having one problem with Handcent however.

When my girlfriend sends me a text message, it is showing up as 5 different people sending it to me. In other words, as the sender, it will show "Joe;Jack;Kevin;John;Jennifer".

Coincidentally, the 5 names that it shows are the 5 "Favorites" contacts that I have for the "Favorites" widget.

I have tried everything I can think of. I checked to make sure her contact entry was clean and not linked to any of the other 4 people. I've cleared my contacts list and reloaded it. I've deleted her contact entry and typed it in fresh.

I am stumped. What is even strange is that I even cleared my entire contact list and when I got a text message from her it still is coming from 5 people.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. xmirage2kx

xmirage2kx Member

did you send a message to all 5 at one point? I have found that sending group messages sometimes leads to weird side effects. 2 things to try, 1 clear favorites list and 2 clear all sent messages.

3. netter123

netter123 New Member

Having the same prob - did you ever figure out a solution?