Bizarre Lockscreen IssueSupport

1. Thargor

Thargor Member

Hi, I recently installed Cyanogenmod 7 on my Play and I thought it was working fine until I noticed something very odd:

When the phone locks itself, after a short while it seems to drop the network and where the network logo (3 Ireland) used to be, it now just says EMERGENCY CALL ONLY and the phone is going straight to voicemail and texts are not being received. However if I do anything with the phone such as touch the power or home button, the screen lights up and I see EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY for a split second before it instantly reconnect with the network and I receive all the messages I missed while the phone was locked.

Basically the problem is while the phone is unlocked its absolutely perfect but as soon as it autolocks it stops receiving calls and texts, I'm completely mystified, can anyone think of anything that could be causing this?

Any help much appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

Are you using cyanogenmod off cyanogenmod.com or freexperia's version?

If you're using it off cyanogenmod's website, the last time it was updated was October of 2011.
    Freexperia last updated on Monday, is running 7.2 instead of 7.1, and I haven't heard of this issue.
    Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1128216
    Thargor likes this.
  3. Thargor

Thargor Member

Thanks for that, Ill update and post what happens.
  4. paxchristos

Any luck?
    Thargor likes this.
  5. Thargor

Thargor Member

Im stuck at the parents house in the middle of nowhere atm, will post the results when I try it, haptic feedback isn't working either, actually vibrate isn't working at all, even though I did that seperate update that was supposed to fix it.
  6. Thargor

Thargor Member

Yes! Success, 7.2 fixed everything, vibrate is working, haptic feedback is working, torch apps work again (used to crash before when they tried to turn on the LED flash) and most importantly its stopped dropping the network in standby, thanks a million for that Paxchristos, I thought Id f****d up my Xperia. Id never even heard of Freexperia, I thought this forum and the Cyanogen main site were all there was.
  7. paxchristos

Hahahahaha, welcome to fun world of XDA-developers.
    This site is nice and all, but (no offense to anyone on here) for the xperia play, it's more dedicated to noob help.

XDA on the other hand, has all the fun toys and candy, but as their video says "They're like the old neighbor who doesn't want kids on their lawn."