Black Borders on sides of moviesSupport

Last Updated:

1. teknonoob

teknonoob Member This Topic's Starter

Need help with converting dvds for my DX. I've been using handbrake to convert my dvds to watch on my DX. I seem to always end up with black borders on the sides of the movies and there is no way to resize the movie using the default movie player. I have found and app called "soul movie" which will fill the screen with the movie, however, when I do that the movie gets stretched and the people look a little fatter:eek:.

I've tried to follow guides online using handbrake and it converts the movies but I continue to end up with these borders. My picture settings are as follows:
    Anamorphic: Custom
    Modulus: 16
    Display Width: 854
    PAR Width: 854
    PAR Height: 720
    Display Size: 854 x 480

Cropping: Automatic

What am I doing wrong:confused:?

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Black boarders are a result of the aspect ratio being different than what the Droid X's screen is.

You can't change aspect ratios without cropping out part of the screen or stretching it.

In all likelihood, what you're watching is movies that have been filmed at a different aspect ratio than the DX screen.

teknonoob likes this.
  3. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

I use the real player app. It shows movies full screen. :)

teknonoob likes this.
  4. teknonoob

Am I able to do this with handbrake? I see cropping and it's set to automatic, so the selectable margins are grayed out. If I select custom the options become available. Would you have an idea of what these numbers need to be if it's doable?

5. teknonoob

I'll check that out.