Black Friday Deal on Moment $79.99 for new, $99.99 for current customers ??General

Last Updated:

1. MrGadget256

MrGadget256 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. krishnac

krishnac Active Member

You can get it right now for 99 (current customers) at wirefly. (Their friends and family site.)

3. larryc23

larryc23 New Member

At Wirefly, I see it for $149.99 for current customers. Can you post more detail on how to find it for $99? Thanks!

4. droid26

droid26 Well-Known Member

I too would also like to know how to get the moment for 99.00

5. krishnac

krishnac Active Member

Go here, and click on the Samsung Moment for $99 link/picture.

Wirefly Friends and Family Store Cell Phone Shop (takes you back to wirefly with a ref-id.)

In my opinion, this is a muchhhhh better deal than Best Buy. Best Buy (and Sprint) will charge you tax on 499 (?) even though it only costs $99 (or $179). Here in California, that amounts to some $50 ... 25-50% taxes? I don't know how it works in other states.

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I would do it but I have a pretty sweet discount on my plan that I don't want messed up, and some other perks that Sprint retention added that I don't want to risk.

And my phone is perfect, everything works great, no flaws, so I'm just going to eat the extra $100 + tax that I purchased at the Sprint store. Too much to risk to save $100.

7. souljah335

souljah335 Well-Known Member

what kind of savings?? is there anyway for anybody else to get them too?

8. anderkoo

anderkoo Member

Would love to learn more about your plan - I've had years and years of perks (customer since '99) and this year I pushed all the way through retention trying to get similar discounts with no results at all (they even hung up on me). My sense was the $69/mo plan was as low as they're willing to go, customer loyalty be damned.

Can you elaborate on your plan?

9. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

Two questions regarding wirefly, if anyone knows:

1) can I renew the contract on only one line of an existing family plan? Three lines, cashing in the phone credit now for mine to get the moment... one line isn't due for a new phone credit for another 12 months and the third is also due for one now but will probably handle that one at BestBuy (getting a higher end "dumb" phone... probably the Sammy Exclaim or Reclaim). I can't figure out what to select for that.

2) If I did this via wirefly, would I still be eligible for the 30 day no questions asked phone swap, if I decide that I'm not happy and want to switch to the Hero or TP2?

I asked #2 in the sprint forum but no one's answered yet.

10. betafan

betafan Active Member

I don't know what he has, but I'll tell you what I got. After five years with tmobile, I grew tired of waiting for a device I could be excited about. I initially talked to a mall-kiosk sprint affiliate(smart wireless) and he offered me 25% off the 69.99 plan. He was kinda schmoozy and didn't have the Moment(tried pushing the Hero on me) so I went to a corporate store the next day, fell in love with the moment, and told the reps there I'd been offered 25% off the 69.99 plan. They promised to match it without batting an eye.

I'm in Seattle, and the specific discount I got was the Boeing Employee Discount. I have never worked for Boeing, or known anybody that does. So there must be very lax requirements for getting the discount. I imagine most states probably have large corporations that have similar deals with sprint. You just need to play the different market forces against eachother. I'm not saying you should lie, but with Sprint desperate to keep/gain customers, there's no harm in seeing how far they'll go to earn your business, whether you're a current or prospective customer.

11. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's called an NVP Discount (National Volume Program) UPS United Ford 25% Dodge 12% Gm 15% etc, etc.
    If you are a teacher or work for any type of Government City/County/State you can get 15% off your bill each month(also 15% if you belong to a Credit Union). Most workers at large corporations can get a discount. You have to call a CSR and request it. They may ask for verification phone numbers (e.g. HR rep at American Airlines)before you'll get it...

12. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I have a 27% discount on my account. I also have pick 3, extra minutes and other perks that shall be unmentioned for now, added to my account. So I'm in no hurry to mess that up.

I love Sprint. :D

13. PunkIsDed

PunkIsDed Member

I have an education discount because I am a student. Just went down to a Sprint store and showed them my college ID. 15% is nice.