Black Messaging Froyo app?

Last Updated:

1. Thrawn

Thrawn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there just an apk I can install of a themed black Messaging app? I don't want a whole theme, I actually like the stock, but I prefer the Msg app to be black like Fab's NexBeast/Fro since it's what I use most and the bright white gets annoying at night. I suppose I could just install Handcent, but I've had issues with it in the past.

Advertisement
  2. square

square Well-Known Member

i use handcent...you can customize the look. mine is black with white text.

3. Thrawn

Like I said, I may end up just using Handcent again, I have in the past, but it's given me a bunch of issues in the past with recognizing my contacts. I would rather just have a themed Msg app if there is one floating around.

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Its been awhile since I really messed with themes and I havent at all with Froyo but I am pretty sure it would not work to theme just 1 app. Text colors and such would be screwed up for either that app or everything else

5. Thrawn

Ah, well that actually makes sense unfortunately. I guess I'll try out Handcent again, I actually haven't used it since I was on 2.1, so maybe Froyo will iron out my problems with it.

6. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

I use Handcent and I haven't had any issues with it on a Froyo ROM. Also, it's been updated a few times (maybe 3) in the past few weeks.