black mist phones come with white accessories?General

1. Screech

Screech Well-Known Member

I just got my black mist GT-I9500 and when I removed the manuals from the box I found that the charger and headset were white.:confused: Is that normal for this phone? I've never been a fan of white parts, I work in a garage around grease and such a lots.

Advertisement
  2. happyarthur79

happyarthur79 Well-Known Member

Yeah... seems to be the way it is bud. I also have the Black S4 and it came with White accessories.
  3. LookSir,Droids

LookSir,Droids Well-Known Member

maybe try spray painting them? just remember to cover all the ports really thoroughly!

and yes, all the accessories are white
  4. Okapdroid

Okapdroid Member

You can always go buy black accessories! Use the white accessories for around your home and go purchase black accessories for S4 if you work in autoshop or other similar work environment where you'll encounter diesel oil or the like on a daily routine basis.
  5. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

I thought that was a little weird, but it didn't bother me that much.
  6. Screech

I just know that my Black GT-I9100 came with black accessories and I think the pictures I saw of the white version of that phone had white accessories, I guess I just expected it to be the same with the GT-I9500.
  7. Okapdroid

Okapdroid Member

Yeah I chose the S4 in White Frost, it has all white accessories. I believe Samsung just produces white accessories as a standard instead of making accessories to color match the different color schemes they chose when they release a new phone or tablet. It would increase their manufacturing costs if they made color matching accessories for every new device they release.
  8. Screech

I guess that is something they started doing sometime after the Galaxy S2 though, as it had color matched parts.
  9. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

Slightly offtopic but I noticed that in addition to the charger being white, it's also a good 30-40cm shorter than the S2 charger. Now it can't reach my bedside table from the floor! *sigh*
  10. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

Really? That's weird. My S2 charger is way shorter than my new S4 charger. Don't know if having the T-Mobile version since it was larger than some carriers had to do with it or not.
  11. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

Could be! Mine's the international version and came with a fixed (i.e. not usb) plug with a pretty long wire.
  12. Screech

Don't know, it may be a regional thing about the cable length. My has I9500UBUAMDE and has a US style plug with USB cable that is about 3.5-4ft long (very rough guess). I'm thinking it was from Central or South America.
  13. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

They just changed the standard colour of the plug / cable - they are now the same as the Galaxy Note 2's plug/cable.

All Galaxy S2's came with black plugs - All Galaxy S3's came with black plugs and now all Galaxy S4's come with white plugs. There was no matching of colours for any particular reason by Samsung.

As an aside note - I bought the Galaxy S3 in White last year it had Black plug / black cable - white earphones. This year I bought the Galaxy S4 in Black and it has white everything. Very vice versa.
  14. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

I bet you opened the box and were like "white?! oh come on!" :D

I just bought a slightly longer usb to micro usb cable, $2 on ebay, no worries.
  15. JerZyT28

JerZyT28 Active Member

my usb cable is INSANELY longer than the one that came with my GS3...at least a foot longer...i was surprised!
  16. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

I know its an old thread but....

The Galaxy Tab's come with black 2A chargers. You could try and get one of those and then source a black USB cable to match. (any USB should do, especially if its just to charge)
  17. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I might do that.

I know it's a little thing but I don't like the white accessories. I sold my S2 recently but kept the black headphones that it came with. I'd quite like a 2A black charger to go with it so perhaps I'll have a look on eBay.
  18. Screech

Yeah, I've been using the 2A charger from my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and my Galaxy S2 USB cable. I got a ~4A 2 port charger in my car for my dash mounted tablet and my phone (needs power on road trips since it is the tablet's mobile hot-spot)