• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

black mist phones come with white accessories?

I just know that my Black GT-I9100 came with black accessories and I think the pictures I saw of the white version of that phone had white accessories, I guess I just expected it to be the same with the GT-I9500.
Yeah I chose the S4 in White Frost, it has all white accessories. I believe Samsung just produces white accessories as a standard instead of making accessories to color match the different color schemes they chose when they release a new phone or tablet. It would increase their manufacturing costs if they made color matching accessories for every new device they release.

Upvote 0
Slightly offtopic but I noticed that in addition to the charger being white, it's also a good 30-40cm shorter than the S2 charger. Now it can't reach my bedside table from the floor! *sigh*

Really? That's weird. My S2 charger is way shorter than my new S4 charger. Don't know if having the T-Mobile version since it was larger than some carriers had to do with it or not.

Upvote 0
They just changed the standard colour of the plug / cable - they are now the same as the Galaxy Note 2's plug/cable.

All Galaxy S2's came with black plugs - All Galaxy S3's came with black plugs and now all Galaxy S4's come with white plugs. There was no matching of colours for any particular reason by Samsung.

As an aside note - I bought the Galaxy S3 in White last year it had Black plug / black cable - white earphones. This year I bought the Galaxy S4 in Black and it has white everything. Very vice versa.

Upvote 0
As an aside note - I bought the Galaxy S3 in White last year it had Black plug / black cable - white earphones. This year I bought the Galaxy S4 in Black and it has white everything. Very vice versa.

I bet you opened the box and were like "white?! oh come on!" :D

I just bought a slightly longer usb to micro usb cable, $2 on ebay, no worries.

Upvote 0
I know its an old thread but....

The Galaxy Tab's come with black 2A chargers. You could try and get one of those and then source a black USB cable to match. (any USB should do, especially if its just to charge)
I might do that.

I know it's a little thing but I don't like the white accessories. I sold my S2 recently but kept the black headphones that it came with. I'd quite like a 2A black charger to go with it so perhaps I'll have a look on eBay.

Upvote 0
I know its an old thread but....

The Galaxy Tab's come with black 2A chargers. You could try and get one of those and then source a black USB cable to match. (any USB should do, especially if its just to charge)

Yeah, I've been using the 2A charger from my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and my Galaxy S2 USB cable. I got a ~4A 2 port charger in my car for my dash mounted tablet and my phone (needs power on road trips since it is the tablet's mobile hot-spot)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones