Black notification bar with new update??

Last Updated:

1. ShooKeN

ShooKeN Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering is there any way now just to get the black notification bar from the market besides rooting your Droid and doing it that way?

Advertisement
  2. TharOosta

TharOosta Well-Known Member

Good question. I'd like to know also.

3. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

No.

Notification bars are part of the framework-res.apk, which is in /system. /system is protected and requires root to edit, and therefor no modifications can be done to it without root.

The best you can do is to find a home replacement app like Home++ and just hide it all together.

BlurrNY, ShooKeN and ricksievers like this.
  4. csoga

csoga Active Member

OK, but what if you are rooted? I "made the leap" to root two days ago, don't really want to install alternate ROMs, but I want a black notification bar... any way?

Edit: Never mind... a little searching goes a long way, eh? :eek:

I found this thread, downloading Metamorph now.

Edit2: oops, Titanium Backup said yesterday it had installed busybox, but Metamorph said not installed.... now I gotta go find that too, not on Market.

5. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member

i think you have to apply a custom rom OR just a theme with a black bar

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

If you go into Titanium Backup and press the "Problems?" button it'll reinstall busybox. That fixes issues sometimes.

7. csoga

csoga Active Member

Thanks shadowdude, but I tried that... even uninstalled and re-installed Titanium, hit the "problems" button and let it re-install busybox... still no luck.

But, I searched this forum for "metamorph" (titles only) and found somewhere to download the busybox binaries, then found This Thread, and thanks to the detailed instructions from OMJ, I used ADB to push busybox to my phone.

Metamorph is running "as we speak"... now if I can just find that thread again with the links to download Smoked Glass theme, I'll be golden! ;)

p.s. THIS FORUM ROCKS! :)

8. CalledFollower

CalledFollower Well-Known Member

If you have the paid version of rom manager, you can download a black notification bar from Mr. Bobtowitz