Black Or Silver?General

Which finish on the HTC One S do you prefer?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2013.
  1. Black with red camera surround

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Silver with Blue camera surround

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I love both and can't decide

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. arj2442

arj2442 Active Member

Hey guys,

One interesting feature of the HTC One S is actually the difference between the actual hardware. Usually with phones it's just a case of picking which colour you liek best and buying it, but for the first time HTC have really shook things up on the hardware side offering two different finishes on the S.

What do you prefer? The black finish with the red camera surround. (This is the model with the gripy ceramic finish)

Or

The smoother silvery blue model which features a gradient finish where the colour changes due to what angle your viewing the phone from.

Personally I love both and am struggling to decide which to go for.

Advertisement
  2. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

I'd love to have the black MAO version but I'd be happy with the Gray Anodized shell too if that's all T-Mobile will be offering.
  3. craZDude

craZDude Well-Known Member

Is the gray anodized simply aluminum, or if not,what material is it? I think they both look fantastic, though :)
  4. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

I either read or saw that in one of the reviews somewhere that the Gray version has an Anodized Aluminum backing.
  5. arj2442

arj2442 Active Member

It would appear the silver is aluminium and the black is the MOA. Heres the details from Techradar. Enjoy.

Tech RadarHands on: HTC One S review | News | TechRadar
    StarMenace likes this.
  6. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

To me, the MAO treatment is an essential part of what the One S is. Looks like the TMO version in the US won't have this so it's another strike against the One S for me and my search for a good replacement for my N1 goes on.
  7. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

I hear what you're saying about the MAO but, for me, I just didn't like the appearance of it :confused:
  8. Firemamsan123

Firemamsan123 New Member

here in the uk, vodafone sent me a handset which was marked on the shipping note Black htc one s but inside was the grey version. and to be honest I am glad it looks good and after reading cases of the black finish on the other version chipping an flaking off.
  9. chicgeek

chicgeek Active Member

I wish they had the black version with the blue rim.. I'd be all over that!

(Maybe someone should sell different colour rims for further customization. Bet black and silver would sell like hotcakes, and I'd buy into something teal.)
  10. APSoft

APSoft Active Member

Heh... I was thinking the same. :shakehands:
    Red on black is a bit too flashy for me.
    Anyway, not much choice here at the moment. Only T-Mobile, and only "Gradient Blue". But I guess I'll be fine with any. I liked all the devices made by HTC, which I owned, starting from the iPAQ. ;)
  11. VladUK

VladUK Member

I have black version of One S and no chipping or flaking off at all.
    Some units probably have that but lucky me not mine :party:
  12. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

Gray anodized for me, don't want my phone to chip.
  13. kevin_flynn

kevin_flynn New Member

what does mao mean? sorry im new to all this stuff:smokingsomb:
  14. bigt

bigt Well-Known Member

micro-arc oxidation