Black print on navy background - unreadableSupport

Last Updated:

1. Relaxed

Relaxed Active Member

After taking an upgrade recently (which lost the social hub, but I've got over that) I'm using the standalone native e-mail app.

All is fine except most (not all) e-mails come up black type on navy - which as you can imagine is unreadable. I cannot find a way into changing this - can anybody suggest how to get e-mails back to black on white?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Are you running the stock launcher, or Nova, GoEX etc from the Store?
  3. kelis32

kelis32 Well-Known Member

I thought the stock app had white text on black background, but once the mailwas selected the text body was black on white, dont believe there is a way to change this but you could try aqua mail from the store, thtas got some good feedback
  4. Relaxed

Relaxed Active Member

I guess I'm using the 'stock launcher' - the icon is a white envelope with an @ character in red. (Some notion of how to ID an app would be good!)

Surely somewhere there is a setting which asks what colour background you want to use for e-mails?

I'm a bit reluctant to change to another e-mail client as this one seems to work fine - quick and predictable - for me, apart from the background colour issue. Everything else regarding display on the phone is just fine.
  5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

It sounds like you're receiving emails in html, and some of the senders are using background coloring. You can tell them to stop doing that. ;) Or you can configure your email app/widget to disallow html rendering.
  6. Relaxed

Relaxed Active Member

These same e-mails come up fine on the other computers (though I'll check for background colours, in case the phone is misreading them).

I haven't got round to checking this yet, but I think it's plain text e-mails which come up with the dark background - it certainly isn't all e-mails.
  7. Relaxed

Relaxed Active Member

Just checked with two identical e-mails, one in HTML the other in plain text - they both have navy backgrounds! This cannot be a feature, surely?