Black screen + glowing button

Last Updated:

1. cuem

cuem New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone !

I hope someone here can help me out.

Device : i9000 from Bell, running a 2.2 roms (flashed)

After powering off and on the device, I got a black screen + glowing button.
    I tried flashing again with 512.pit, still didn't fix this, I've tried over 50 combinations of pit and pda files, the phone doesn't want to respond!
    In Odin, everything seems fine though, it says suceeded.

After hours of research, I found out that my internal SD card might be messed up, so I tried and followed this guide #7 :
    SOLVED: messed up partitions on internal storage - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 2

ADB doesn't reconize my device:mad:
    Anyone know a solution?

Advertisement
  2. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member

Same happened to me while I was trying to flash something new. I went to recovery mode and formatted my internal SD card. It seemed phone was installing a corrupt update.zip or something like that, that thing was on my phone but there were no way to erase it. So I formatted and flashed again. This time it was working.
    I think it's worth to try?

I will not flash ROMs for a while :)

3. PeteDee

PeteDee Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me and I cannot get into recovery mode, nothing, dead as a post after the splash screen.

All in all just another brick in the wall.......................................

What do I do now?

4. cuem

As long as you can go into download mode,it's not over!

5. TJS22

TJS22 Active Member

You will need to reflash your firmware.

6. cuem

Please READ!!!
    I said flashing again doesn't fix this issue, I even bricked my phone after trying an AT&T rom( stupid me ), I unbricked it with a homemade jig.

I'm following this tutorial
    [Tuto] FROYO (I9000XWJPA) pour Galaxy S : Installation, root et lagfix | TUNANDROID.com
    It still doesn't help, it boots directly on clockwordmod, and if I follow a simple guide to get back 2.1 official rom from, screen goes black+ glowing button.

7. PeteDee

PeteDee Well-Known Member

This still doesn't work on a phone that the three button recovery does not work on though, if you can't get into download mode you are screwed it would seem. :confused::confused::confused:

8. sonal2612

sonal2612 New Member

hey the same thing happened to me.i rooted my phone and did one click lag fix .i also installed ext2.i wanted to upgrade to froyo .it is essential that there is no lag fix on the phone in order to update.so i undid lag fix....and i uninstalled ext2.naturally the phone became really slow.but i didnt unroot.for soem reason i had to switch off my phone.when i tried switching it back on .thats all it showed me.a blac screen and glowing buttons.i finally took it to the service centre and got it reformatted. i am stupid enough to go through the whole process again.you know unroot and OCLF.i just wanna know if this sort of thing happens again.is there some way i can reformat the phone myself without having to go to the service centre?...and why did this happen in the first place.lag fix and ext2 seems to be working perfectly for other users.is there something that im doing wrong?.please help.

9. shaahinjjj

shaahinjjj Well-Known Member

is the phone recognized by your pc when connected to your computer? if yes, youre good. just use ADB to get your phone in download mode. same thing happened to me too. remember you should have all samsung drivers installed before testing to see if your computer recognize the phone or not. most likely it will. mail me if any questions shaahin.flamenco@gmail.com

10. softpinkishlips

softpinkishlips Well-Known Member

ive been experiencing this as well. but after reading your solution above i dont think i can do it. im not that techy .....sad

11. barbou

barbou New Member

I just got the same problem. I have updated to Froyo 2.2 2 days ago.
    A day later it turned off by itself for no reason.
    On the second day (today) i used the phone earlier and turned it off.
    My phone is not rooted, has never been flashed or unlocked. Did nothing special to it.
    When I turned it back on it could not boot pass the animated screen.
    After several tries to reebot and fiddling with the volume buttons I got the yellow triangular panel with the Android handling a shovel (like a road panel oictogram meaning "Android at work" and the message "Dowmloading... Do not turn off Target!!!". What to do for here ... if I ever get it back.
    Note that I am in the search for a phone plan so I do not have a phone connection rigth now.

12. androidlovers

androidlovers Member

heyy i have the same problem but mine did come on the first few times but when i entered my pattern lock it went blank after a few seconds and this happened everytime i tried, and then i tried vol down and power with battery out and it froze on the s glowing and that happens everytime now? is there anything i can do please help and i have no idea about all the softwares and hi tech solutions, so please helpp !!!!!!!!!

13. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member

Happened to TWO of my phones, Flash a stock firmware for your area and bring it to your carrier and say you were updating via kies and it shut down! Works everytime