Black screen of death!?!?!Support

Last Updated:

1. joepud

joepud Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so just now I picked up my phone hit menu to enter my unlock pattern and got nothing - the phone was totally dead pressed every single button but got nothing no response. this happened to anyone else? anyone know what causes it? On the plus side I popped the battery out put it back in and the phone started up as normal.

Advertisement
  2. tonio_d_monio

tonio_d_monio New Member

It happened to me as well, twice. 1st time was when my wife was playing one of the games the night before and it suddently went dead, or so it seems, although after a while, about 5-8 mins it comes back.

Happened again this morning, can't get it back no matter what i pressed. Long pressed the power (in case it did turned off), pressed the menu, pressed everything and nothing. Not willing to wait any further, popped out the battery, put it back in and booted it up and it works.

My phone is a Acer Liquid running Android 1.6.

Not sure what caused it, but it did prevented a number of folks from reaching me... I suspect the process that brings the screen back to life has hung and if you wait for it it might come back.

Will pay more attention to it and maybe experiment on it when it happens again - i.e. put charger in, try making a call, etc. Will be back if i find anything interesting.