1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Black Screen of Death?Support

1. fActisHD

fActisHD New Member

Hello Forum.

About 1 week ago, i bought myself an unlocked Galaxy Nexus, im in love with it.

Anyways, Today when i woke up my phone was dead, at first i tought it just ran out of batteries, but i tried charging it, But it wont just boot.

Do Forum know of a similar situation or do you already have an soloution for this?

I googled my way into here so no meaning of saying "Google It"

Thanks in Advance.
    fActisHD

Advertisement
  2. fActisHD

fActisHD New Member

My friend came up with the idea of remove the batteri and connecting the phone to the computer, (Without the Batteri Plugged in)

My computer started "Beeping" and tried to install the Drivers, During that time i tried to start it up, But that didnt work, And i was like "What if i insert the battry now?"

So i tried to insert the battery into the phone while it was plugged into the computer, And there we go. My phone booted up as normal and it's fully working now.

Best Regards.
    fActisHD
  3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Glad it is working for you. Welcome to the forums & thanks for the update take care :)
  4. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

ya man that would have sucked if your bricked your phone
  5. bonne

bonne Member

Just experienced the exact samt.

Unplugged the phone battery, pressing power, pluging battery back in.

After this, phone boots correctly.

Regards, Lars.
  6. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I had this issue early on when I first got the phone. It's like it was frozen with the screen off yet the phone was technically still on. After I found a stable rom and kernel I haven't had the issue since.
  7. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I've had it go blank and lock up on me too. Once I had like 12 brower tabs open and a couple of things in the background and it just freaked out, froze up, went black and that was it. A battery pull brought it back to normal though for me.