Black Screen Problem - Need Key SequencesSupport

Last Updated:

1. cconover

cconover Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got the black screen problem this morning. I dropped by phone by accident & the battery popped out, and now my screen stays black but everything else on the phone seems to be working. This has happened to me twice before, and I've managed to get it working again but I can't remember how :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm trying to do a hard reset of my phone & I don't know the key press sequence to do so. Since I can't see anything on the screen I'd have to do it by feel. I'm running CyanogenMod 6.0.0 with ClockworkMod.

Can somebody post the key sequence I'd need to press, either when the phone is fully booted or from within recovery, in order to do this?

Also, any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated. I've searched all over the forums & haven't found much in the way of solutions, but I know it's fixable as it's happened to me before.

Advertisement
  2. cconover

Ok, quick update: I figured out the key sequence to do a full data wipe but that hasn't resolved the issue. I'm trying to install a fresh copy of CM6 via update.zip but am unsure what I'll need to press to accomplish this. Anyone able to let me know what I'll have to do?

3. Benzizz

Benzizz New Member

Same problem, black screen but the backlight is still working just it won't actually show anything on the screen...any help?

4. cconover

I actually managed to get my phone working again later in the day from when I started this thread. When I get home I'll post the steps I took that seemed to work.