1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

black screen / won't turn on?

1. ashwoon

ashwoon New Member

I've looked around this website and I have found many similar problems, but not an exact one that helps me.

I bought my first Fascinate about a year ago, and it worked fine until this December. All of a sudden, the screen went black save for the buttons on the bottom of the screen, which would light up if I pressed the power button.

I got a replacement, and I've had this one for about three or four months. The screen is completely black and I can't get it to turn on or hard reset. This has happened to me about a month ago, where it turned off completely and I put it on charge and it miraculously turned back on after a long day of charging. I tried doing that, but nothing happened. I tried switching batteries and that didn't work. Should I try to get a replacement (again)? Does anyone have any tips? I'm getting really frustrated with the Fascinate.

Advertisement