Black ScreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. tackaberry

tackaberry Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 17, 2010
    Today my X has been acting really odd. First, I had used it heavily during my morning classes, so I decided to charge it. I plugged it into my laptop set to charge only. I was sending texts back to people who were messaging me, or so I thought, for most of the afternoon. One friend asked if I was alive, so I responded asking if she had gotten my texts earlier. She said no, but I just got all of them.

So my phone sent out 10-15 texts in one burst, but not when I had wanted to send them. That was a problem that I wanted to post about, but I decided to restart my phone, and when I did I started having screen issues. It would black out.

I could see the lock screen fine, but when I opened it to my home screen, I saw nothing. I could apparently still press buttons, as apps would flash if I opened them, but everything would stay black.

Eventually it just stopped and now I am here. Also, as another problem, I use ChompSMS and now when the popup comes up for a new SMS, when I open the keyboard, it shifts the screen upwards, instead of just opening on top of the dock and lower half of the screen. It is a tad annoying. These problems wouldn't be due to LauncherPro would they?

Short version - Screen goes black, screen still functional. It flashes whatever I open, but returns to black screen. Opening the keyboard shifts the screen up instead of layering properly. Texts were not going out until I restarted my phone and they all went out at once.

Anyone have a fix or an idea of what is going on?

2. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
  3. Blzngflame

Blzngflame New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I had this exact problem last week. Turn off your phone, then hold the menu button and the power button until it loads past the Motorola screen. It boots the phone in safemode. Then you should be able to uninstall anything you think may be causing the problem. In my case, it was the advanced task killer and a security app. When I restarted my phone, everything worked perfectly. I have not reinstalled either of those apps since.
    Good luck!