Black Screen.

Last Updated:

1. marcjohnson

marcjohnson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone had any problems where the screen blacks out?

It started happening when I hit the power button, the lights on the buttons light up but the screen stays black, the only way I can get the screen back on is to take the battery out as none of the buttons reactivate the screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. master_yoda

master_yoda Well-Known Member

Could be caused by one of the apps installed. Have a think if theres any youve installed recently before this started happening, and uninstall anything you suspect.

I Had this happen to me once a few months ago, I Uninstalled an app i suspected was the cause and havnt had the problem since.

3. greyhead79

greyhead79 Active Member

I've had it a few times in the past couple of weeks but not for a few days, I think Handcent might be the culprit in my case.

4. marcjohnson

I downloaded Twitter and its been happening since then, I deleated it but its still doing it.

Loads of apps got updated recently so gonna try deleting them to see if it improves.

5. marcjohnson

It turned out to be the memory card, restored the phone to factory settings, left the memory card out, it worked fine, put the card back in and the black screen returned, checked the card in a friends phone and it did the same.

6. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

It's the one thing I never thought to check. What I do to get it back is smack the screen - then it works. I'll try tonight with a different SD card and see what happens. Does seem to be very random and can go days without doing it...

7. TV!

TV! Well-Known Member

I have had this a couple of times when I get a text through and the screen is totally black appart from the notification bar at the top of the screen. The way I found to get round it is to long press the power button as if your gonna turn the phone off and then cancel out of that and the screen is then re appears.

8. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

This happens to me every few days :/

I hope it's the sd card, I should be getting a new one soon...