• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Black Screen

ssloan0113

Lurker
Mar 31, 2011
I have the android huawei ascend. I recently dropped my phone (just once) and the whole entire screen went black! I can still hear and my phone still functions right, but my screen is black with a red line going down the side. Please leave any thoughts on how you think this can be fixed, Thanks .

Black with a red line through it sounds like damage to the LCD screen itself. If it were the backlight, there would be nothing at all on the screen. This I know from 2 years of break/fix on laptops. It wouldn't be pixel damage, because individual pixels would show up as dark or stuck color spots, and it's not a crack, because you would have random colors and be able to see the crack lines and liquid crystal leakage.

Either way, you'll need to replace something there, either LCD or the phone, depending on whether or not you have insurance, and whether or not you want to try to play the LCD replacement game.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones