Black spots Galaxy S4 CameraSupport

Last Updated: 2013-08-12 04:10:05
  1. jsulub91

jsulub91 New Member

I've had my GS4 for about 3 months now and i just suddenly realized that in every picture i have taken there are small but noticeable black specks. Of course the first thing i did was gently wiped the lens but now I'm thinking its probably from the inside.:( Does anyone know a solution to or have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

post a screenshot of the picture?
  3. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

As you say, it could be dirt on either side of the lens or even the sensor. If so, you could try using a Camera Blower / Brush. I guess I would try the blower and if that failed, send the phone for repair.

Does the number of specks remain the same and do they appear in exactly the same place in the frame?

I'm thinking the issue could either be some dead pixels on camera sensor or even your screen. Are the specs still there when you transfer the pictures to a PC? On your phone, do the specks grow when you zoom in or are they static? If they grow, then it could be the sensor (or dirt), if not then it may be your screen.

If it is dead pixels on the sensor, you should be able to get a warranty repair. If it's on the screen, it's possible there's some threshold under which they won't approve a warrant repair but I think I'd send it off for one anyway.
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hi jsulub91 ...

Welcome to our community. I moved your thread to its area of discussion ...hopefully you'll find some useful information and also get help for your concerns.
  5. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

If the spots (which I do not have) are in the same place on every photo then the sensor is damaged or dusty and you will not be able to fix it yourself without voiding your warranty and risking damaging your phone.

Your only practical option is to return it.
  6. Philter05

Philter05 New Member

I'm having the same issue. I guess I'm gonna go back to Best Buy and see about having it replaced. I'll try to post a picture of the spots.
  7. Philter05

Philter05 New Member

8. Midiman

Midiman Well-Known Member

That looks like dead pixels in the sensor. Or dirt on the sensor.