• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Black Status Bar : Galaxo 1.6.3.4 + JIT

abesh

Jan 23, 2010
India
Well I've been working on a Black Status Bar + Icons only and I'm nearly done. I use Galaxo 1.6.3.4 and jakax's dalvik with jit. I'll release the service.odex, service.jar and framework-res.apk as soon as I am done :)

Only hiccup ? Do not know ow to change the color of the Operator Name in the notification/status bar :( Help pls ?

If you are done, i would like to take your files for my theme ;-)

Once you crack open services.jar/classes.dex with baksmali ....there are (2) files of concern, the first is com/android/server/status/StatusBarIcon.smali ... locate this file and open it up and search for ...

Code:
invoke-virtual {v4, v6}, Landroid/widget/TextView;->setTextColor(I)V
Above that line (2 lines up) ... you'll see ...

Code:
const/high16 v6, -0x100
That's black .. change to ...

Code:
const v6, -0x1
That's white ... this is a simply color change and easier since invoke-virtual is going to give us color out right ... we just have to change the color.

Then locate file ... com/android/server/status/com/android/server/status/StatusBarService.smali

There are (3) lines you need to search for here ... now they don't have inherent color change properties anymore ... which is why colorChange.jar is jacked up for you.

The threes lines to search for (and yes they are each in different places of the file) ... are ...

Code:
iput-object v7, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->mDateView:Lcom/android/server/status/DateView;

iput-object v7, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->mSpnLabel:Landroid/widget/TextView

iput-object v7, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->mPlmnLabel:Landroid/widget/TextView;
Again, since these are iput-object calls ... there's no inherent color changing properties ....

You must add the (2) color change lines above each of these lines ... the first lines set a variable for the color value (which in the example) ... the second line forces the text to that color with a call to setTextColor(). So when you're done ... those three lines will be 9 lines (3 lines in 3 seperate places in the file) ... as such ...

Code:
const v8, -0x1

invoke-virtual {v7, v8}, Landroid/widget/TextView;->setTextColor(I)V

iput-object v7, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->mDateView:Lcom/android/server/status/DateView;
Code:
const v8, -0x1

iput-object v7, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->mSpnLabel:Landroid/widget/TextView;
Code:
const v8, -0x1

iput-object v7, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->mPlmnLabel:Landroid/widget/TextView;
See how we're now setting a color variable and calling invoke-virtual prior to iput-object? ... that's the magic.
wink.gif

Save all that up and then run smali ... reinsert your classes.dex ... and you should be all set.

Reactions: abesh
Upvote 0
The following files are attached : services.odex, services.jar & framework-res.apk.

Thanks to dica, I used his graphics from the DarkStarMod.
Thanks to sk0t for his awesome tutorial :)
Thanks to inFECT for inspiration and help.
Thanks to jakax and drakaz for all that they have done :)

Note : This is for Galaxo 1.6.3.4 with jakax's dalvik with jit ONLY. Flash at your own risk.

Screenshots : (Wallpaper can be found here )

dw5g61.png

21344li.png

spurnr.png

Download archive here...

How To :

1) Unzip the zip file
2) Push the files onto the phone by executing the following commands :
adb remount
adb push services.odex system/framework/services.odex
adb push services.jar system/framework/services.jar
adb push framework-res.apk system/framework/framework-res.apk

3) Reboot Phone

Reactions: sgx100
Upvote 0
okay ... rookie question(s) for ya:

1) can i download the archive onto my phone and flash the zip?
2) any possible way to use a terminal emulator to do the push commands once on phone (if question 1 is a no)?
3) can someone post a how to for dummies (like me) to do this?
4) pros/cons of JIT vs. 1.6.3.4 "as is"

thanks! and again, sorry for the newbie questions!

Upvote 0
okay ... rookie question(s) for ya:

1) can i download the archive onto my phone and flash the zip?
2) any possible way to use a terminal emulator to do the push commands once on phone (if question 1 is a no)?
3) can someone post a how to for dummies (like me) to do this?
4) pros/cons of JIT vs. 1.6.3.4 "as is"

thanks! and again, sorry for the newbie questions!

1) NO
2) Yes, using adb. See 3rd post for commands.
3) --
4) http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/116922-dalvik-froyo-jit-donut.html

Upvote 0
First of all, thx for the effort and sorry for my poor english...
my i7500 has installed galaxo 1.6.3.4 and jit and perform well..
after that, i install the black status bar and follow all step, also, it shown the black bar..
however, when i try to download apps in the market, after 100% downloaded, it will alway occur a force close in the installation period.....i just guess that it is missing a install symbol... or just occur on my galaxy....
again , sorry for my poor english and help me to solve it cuz i really like the black bar, thx...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones