• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blackberry-like pop-up calendar notifications for Captivate?

lewkir

Lurker
Dec 23, 2010
Hello all,

I've recently converted to the Captivate from a blackberry, and am happy with the change with the exception of the calendar app.

I was expecting blackberry-like calendar notifications, in which a visual pop-up reminder comes on screen.

It appears with the Captivate you get a sound notification, and that is all. Does anyone know if there a way to get a visual pop-up that stays on-screen until you dismiss or snooze it?

Thanks!

Standard notifications are via the notification bar across the top (which can be pulled down for details). Most of us learn to look there. If you want a more "in your face" notification, I'm sure you can find a free utility on the Marketplace to do this. Or try a whole different calendar app, like Jorte or Gemini, which have all sorts of additional features.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones