• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blackberry or Behold II

trav2001

Android Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2010
Mesa, AZ
I'm at the point where I can upgrade my phone with T-mobile. I have a Curve 8320 right now and wouldn't mind a touch screen phone. My main concern with the behold II tho is the email system. I use gmail and hotmail and yahoo. How is the email experience on the behold II? I know it won't be like my blackberry, but curious if gmail could be set up as a pop3 since I use outlook with my gmail on my PC.

Thanks in advnace for your help!

First off, I'm very biased against Blackberries in every way, shape, and form, and having one of my brothers and one of my co-workers both expieriencing way worse issues with their Blackberries (different models, different carriers) than most people have with the B2, I'm not likely to be fair ;->

That being said:

The Behold II is an Android phone. Android is made my Google, and thus GMail is built in (and somewhat required!)

It's been awhle, but you should be able to access Hotmail, and Yahoo Mail either through the second email app built into the Behold II, or by using the webbrowser.

Again, it's been awhile since I've tried either of those on the phone, so some things may have changed...

And of course there's probably an app or 20 to handle it, too.

Upvote 0
I've had 2 blackberry's in the past the 8330 curve (metropcs) :rolleyes:, and the 8520 curve (t-mo) which i got just before my Behold 2. They were both great, plenty of apps, lots of social networking options, rock solid operation on both never a problem, especially now that they've gotten rid of the track ball (no more CLEANING!).

Now I'm an Android fan, even with its flaws I like it so much more than BB.

That said seeing as how the Behold 2 is being left in the dust, I can't recommend it. It maybe "newer" than you're current BB but you'd probably be better off with a different device (MyTouch3g, Cliq XT, or Even the HD2).

If I had my choice I would have gotten the HTC HD2, really!

Also the Vibrant is just around the bend...

Upvote 0
I was at the store tonight and was playing with a lot of phones. I do really like the My Touch series, but on the slide keyboard devices, I HATE the keyboards. But I don't like completely touchscreen either, even tho I am interested in the Behold 2. Now I did play with the Samsung Gravit "T" tonight and the keyboard rocks and it seems to be a solid phone. Only problem is that it is not an android phone. At this point I really don't know if I should just wait for something better to come along or not. It seems like nothing fits my fancy out there :( I want something as easy to use as a BB, which I found in android, but I'm not digging the phones that T-Mo has for offer at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones