• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blackberry SIM/Data Plan work with Atrix??

cigarcard

Lurker
Mar 20, 2011
HI I currently use a Blackberry Torch w/ ATT and want to purchase an Atrix off of ebay. My question is will my SIM card in my BB work in the Atrix (i know voice will but more specifically all the data stuff and 4G that the Atrix has) or will I have to call ATT and switch my data plan letting them know im using an Android?

Mods if this is in wrong forum I apologise and can be moved.

Thanks in advance.

Nope - I made the move from a BB 9700.
You'll need a new, 4G SIM card. And, the BB data plan includes BIS. They will have to move you to the standard SmartPhone plan.

Grab your Atrix off eBay, then go by your local store for a new, 4G SIM card (When you get the Atrix). Its free, and will take them all of 2 minutes to update your account. And, they can make the data plan change while you are there to.

Reactions: cigarcard
Upvote 0
You'll need a new, 4G SIM card. And, the BB data plan includes BIS. They will have to move you to the standard SmartPhone plan.

Grab your Atrix off eBay, then go by your local store for a new, 4G SIM card (When you get the Atrix). Its free, and will take them all of 2 minutes to update your account. And, they can make the data plan change while you are there to.

Thanks man I appreciate the info!

Upvote 0
Yea the plan needs to be changed so that you can use the internet and all that stuff...calls and text will, but most likely that's about it...As for SIM cards, its a lot of BS right now! All they're SIM cards work the same, those 4G cards won't work yet, because at&t's 4G..HSPA+ isn't up completely yet.

Upvote 0

I discovered last night that I am going to have switch my data plan to my Atrix that I purchased on ebay from the Blackberry Data when we were at dinner and I could not connect online so I came home turned the Wi-Fi on my Inspire and noticed it would not connect online either. This stinks because I was hoping to be able to go back and forth between the three without calling At&t everytime. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones