BlackBerry Storm ChargerGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I forgot to bring my Droid Incredible charger with me to work. Since the battery was getting low I decided to use my BlackBerry Storm charger on it. The ports are the same, and it goes in without any problems.

However, after doing this, it became difficult to unlock. Swiping down usually didn't work. If I was able to swipe down I couldn't get past the "password puzzle." I thought the phone was locked up so I pulled the battery, but it still wouldn't swipe after coming back up. I took the charger out and realized I could swipe again.

I repeated this, again plugging the charger in and again I was unable to swipe to unlock.

Is there a voltage difference between the BB charger and the Incredible charger? It seems like it was charging it fine. JuicePlotter shows a charge while it was plugged in.

Advertisement
  2. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

I've used it with none of these problems, it might be some other app compatibility issues.

3. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member

The standard Blackberry Storm charger shows its output 5V at 700mA, but the Droid charger shows 5V at 1000mA.

I am not an electrical person, but something tells me that they are different, even though the ends are the same. I charged my battery up with the storm charger initially, and have used the Incredible one ever since.

This might be a placebo effect, but I have noticed that the charge seems to be 'different' when using the two chargers. I noticed the charge doesn't seem to last as long after using the Storm charger, but ever since I used the Incredible one, it has been longer in usage. Then again, it could be beause the battery is getting broken in...