Blackberry style email

1. jnb903

jnb903 New Member

I have been a bb user for 7 years and just switched to samsung note 2. I know that there are many people that switched from BB to Android, how have you worked out the email? I can not use the stock email app only refreshing every 15 minutes. Can someone point me in the right direction for a good email solution.
    I have several email acct (9)
    need separate ringtones for each email acct
    if widgets or icons could be added for each email acct that would be a bonus

Advertisement
  2. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

Gmail will do that but you need to set up the imports of different email accounts via your pc browser on the gmail website.
  3. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

I too was a BB user and switched a little over a year ago. I manage 11 email accounts with 1 Gmail address. I set up most of the email accounts, 5 comcast for example, to forward to my Gmail instead of being polled. Gmail will poll up to 5 I think with POP. But, to do it right with a lot of email addresses you need to setup those email addresses to forward to Gmail. That way email from those accounts push instantly to the phone. I setup filters and labels for those accounts, and then in the Gmail app I assigned a ring-tone to the labels for each account. You can also create multiple "reply to addresses." Gmail is smart enough that you will always reply from the correct account as long as the email address is in there. So any of the accounts you have forwarding to Gmail you'll want a reply-to adress. The only tricky thing is when composing a new message. Always make sure you're composing from the account you want.

edit: to setup gmail like this you have to sign into the web page on the pc.
  4. reac_ar

reac_ar Member

Hi Mydian. I just switched from my BB 9860 to my first Droid phone, a Razr i. I read you post, and found it very interesting for me, since I have 3 Gmail accounts, and 4 POP accounts. I would like to know how you set the filters on Gmail and labels so they will download to different accounts. Hope it's not too confusing, regards
  5. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. You'll have to decide where you want the POP to go. If you want them all going to the same gmail account, or 1, or whatever then on a PC go to : Gmail settings > Accounts and Imports. Then add the accounts you want and make sure to create the reply to addresses. You can add all 3 gmail accounts to the gmail app on your phone.

For setting up filters I just followed this and made my filters and labels:
    Organizing your mail - Gmail Help

Let's say you have a comcast account. Create a label called my comcast (or whatever). Then create a filter that filters everything that was sent to: comcast.net and have it apply the my comcast label to those messages.
    reac_ar and Crashdamage like this.