BlackBerry User - Profiles Question

Last Updated:

1. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I know there are a lot of similar posts on this topic, but, can someone point me to an application which would allow me to do the following:

Phone - Ringer On
    E-mail - Notification Off
    SMS - Notification On

I created a "profile" for this on my BB called "SMS AND PHONE". I tried an application called "Timeriffic", but that application combines SMS and E-mail into one "Notification" heading.

I need something that will separate the way SMS and E-mail is handled. The reason being is that when one of our servers is down, I automatically receive a SMS stating so, so I need to be able to have SMS on 24/7, but I don't want to hear my e-mails coming in while I am asleep. Also, I'm ok with "manually" setting the profile on/off.

Thanks for any help you can provide. :D

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

There are options out there...timeriffic (or similar), locale, and search on profiles in the marketplace, I think you'll find more options there.

3. Jim_1234

Jim_1234 Active Member

quick profile is what you want. It works exactly like bb profiles.

4. GDroid

Thanks Jim. I saw that mentioned in another post as well. Does quick profiles separate SMS and Email? I'll try it out.

5. GDroid

Now I remember why I did not download quick profiles. From the screenshots of this application, it seems to have the "notifications" heading, which means it doesn't separate SMS and Email. If someone is using this application, please confirm.

6. Jim_1234

Jim_1234 Active Member

it won't work the way you want.
    you get ringer,media,notification,alarm and voice call volume.

7. GDroid

Yea. Maybe there's not an application out there yet that does what I want. I hope someone can prove me wrong! :p

Droid should have come with this functionality built-in. Oh well, still love the phone.

8. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

As an alternative to setting the email notification volume to zero and leaving the SMS notification volume set to a higher value, maybe you can find an app that will set the notification sound to a "silent" ringer. Then it wouldn't matter what the volume was set to.

9. shanelby

shanelby Active Member

i did mine maually but i have handsent for sms but i went into there and changed the sound setting to and notification light. then did it undersettings for the email and phone. i know its a little work but it can be done lol... i came from a curve so it was a pain at first.

10. GDroid

Yeah, I"ll have to try various applications for this one, and play around. This should be a fun Sunday!

11. Mapex

Mapex Active Member

You can set ringtones and volumes separately for each app.

For instance, I go to Gmail and set a ringtone 100% volume whereas I can have a different ringtone and different volume for Messages. Also, both of these apps allow me to disable notifications for their respective apps altogether.

Unfortunately I have not used the Email app so I don't know if that has its own setting like Gmail does, but everything I've seen so far has its own independent setting, such as Facebook, Twidroid, Gmail, Messages, etc.