Blackboard app for sprint coming!

Last Updated:

1. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This would be great news! I was on blackboards site and saw a partnership status between sprint and blackboard where they show a picture of a hero running blackboard. Just wanted to let all you students/teachers out there know incase you didn't already.

And before you go telling me this belongs in the applications thread, this looks to be exclusive to sprint as of now, so thought it would be more appropriate here.

Couldn't find any more information though, if anyones able to find more post it up.

Advertisement
    kellysa111 likes this.
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

What's the app do?

3. digitaljdr

digitaljdr Member

From what I can tell it will enable you to do everything that you can online through a computer.

But there is a catch, from what i was reading your blackboard provider (ie. your school/college) has to install the mobile extension before you can even think about installing and connecting to it.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see this and get blackboard updates on my phone and maybe submit work from anywhere. I probably won't take a test or a quiz on it just in case the network dies on me or because the screen is too small.

More Info here and here

4. barnacles

The iPhone app has been out for a while already. Chances are most schools that will be enabling this already have. I know mine has. Hell my schools advertising using the ipad to make your blackboard experience "easier and more fun."

5. barnacles

It's look to be released in June according to blackboards press release on "select smartphones". Plenty of time before next semester :D

6. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

This is awesome news! Although most of the stuff I have to do on Blackboard, I need a PC for.

7. kellysa111

kellysa111 Well-Known Member

Finally! I'm getting kind of sick waiting for the page to load to log in and then to scroll to put money into my account just to get out of the parking lot...

8. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

This looks like a very promising app. Too bad it's only for higher education. I would love to get this for my older kids in JR. and Sr. high school.

9. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

thats good news for me...although I only have 1 year left. I think we are finally updating to the newest version of blackboard this summer too

10. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

That would be very helpful

11. barnacles

yeah, the program has to be implemented by the institution. I bet the teachers at their school use it, but for faculty purposes.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

12. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I would like a scribblar application... or however you spell it... it's scribbler or scribblar. Any ways, it's like a live drawing session that can be used as basically a message board to connect with people from anywhere. Would be good as a message board where you can just tack up something for a friend/family member to read.