Blackdroid is a bum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Captain R

Captain R Member This Topic's Starter

I recieved this email ultimatedroid forum this is for all you guys that think he did nothing wrong hes just a common thief.

"fromUltimate Droid <administrator@ultimatedroid.com>
    to
    dateThu, May 13, 2010 at 3:18 AM
    subjectblackdroid is just as bad as weve been told
    hide details 3:18 AM (46 minutes ago)

captain,
    Please take the time to look at: (OFFLINE) Board Message
    and see just how bad of a person blackdroid is. Those two forums that he's been kicked from obviously hes lying about not doing anything wrong. Have a nice life.
    and billy and bd i hope you guys sleep well knowing your thief's."

Do yourselves a favor search out Pete or Fab try their stuff and enjoy life.

Advertisement
  2. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

lol what?? I'm not following what you posted at all, but I did notice that it appears their website is going down? No forum, no member list... none of the links in the navbar are active. Did he just get banned from his own website?

3. Paul_C

Paul_C Active Member

There *was* an irc log at (OFFLINE) Board Message of a conversation between the guy who set up the site and blackdroid where blackdroid admitted to stealing the database (use accounts, etc.) to use at a different domain.

4. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Oh man... is there anything that guy doesn't steal?!?

5. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

And yet he still has a strong following and cyanogen,koush and pete are the bad guys.

Hackers unite and bring forth your powers against BlackDroid.
    ( I am not responisble for the unleashing of said hackers or the terror they bring towards black droid. you should use powers responsibly.)

6. supr2nr

supr2nr Member

See this is what I'm talking about in my other posts. Shouldn't this shit just stop already?

Fadelight did he do something personal to you? Is there any reason to continue to posting comments like that? Let it go. And No for the record I am not an advocate for UD or BD. I just want the android community to settle down and return back to the way it was.

7. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I agree...that's why I am taking donations to buy BD a HTC Droid Incredible...he has "created" far too much for us Moto Droid users and I think he should focus his talents on a new phone that I don't plan on owning! :D

I think the devs at XDA will enjoy being robbed :eek:..er..I mean working together with him.

blackberrywidow likes this.
  8. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Did you read the post? He brought this all on himself, the people that are mad at him now are some of his most devote followers, they are the ones who set up his website for him after he had gotten kicked off of his 2nd forum for stealing stuff. Now he got busted stealing stuff from the very people that supported him.

The Android community is fine, in fact apart from the small group of loyal BD fans I think this has brought the community even closer. Look no one is saying that ROM developers don't use stuff from everyone, however when they do you give credit where it is due PERIOD. CM has never once tried to claim that it is all his work, he tells you straight out that it is based on Google source, however CM has put a lot of work into adding new things to that source that makes it better.

Again what BD did was underhanded and from the looks of it he hasn't learned anything, that is why people are still talking about it. In terms of the community I have never seen the Devs tighter then they are now, you had the Dark Edge theme release a few days ago and the Devs of that have been very open to other Devs who want to include it in their ROMs... It's called communication and working together, something BD knows nothing about.

9. supr2nr

supr2nr Member

I say android community because of the recent activity with Alldroid.

10. ska.t73

Wasn't that more of a personal thing between the people who ran the website though? I really don't see that as having to do with the Android community, that was just one guy being a jerk... That happens everywhere...

I think what should show you about how close the Android community is, is the fact that they are working hard to get it back up and running...

11. supr2nr

supr2nr Member

I think also he up and stole the donations for the zuesdroid team on their ROM creation as well.

12. ska.t73

Yea I heard that, again though he is a jerk and would be a jerk outside of the android community. There are plenty more within this community that are not jerks...

13. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Glad this thread started. Maybe it will reduce the infiltration of this topic to so many other threads. People are posting legitimate questions and by the 4th or 5th response (triggered by just a mention of Blackdroid or something similar) it is all downhill. If I was a NOOB searching for help I would be discouraged. Why not make THIS thread a sticky and keep the discussion limited to here?

14. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Yep, probably about 99%!

15. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

That's a great Idea...sticky! We could keep track of all the wrong he's done in one location! I bet we could get CPR aboard that train :D

16. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

oh boy this is going to be a long long thread

17. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

even if we only started with his wrong doings from 8am-9pm in any 1 given day this thread would be too long to read.

18. ska.t73

If anyone cares the link is back up to the off line chat... kinda funny...

Ultimate Droid

19. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

dont see it but I am in for the laugh. Where is the chat at?

20. ska.t73

It should be the only thing on the page... It is called a shout box or something...

21. snowman9031

snowman9031 Well-Known Member

Wow if this becomes sticky better use super glue because it is going to get heavy in here. I never used it but I think it is sad and wrong that it happened. I totally support the devs that do the work and should be praised for the work they have for the droid. I think I might have gotten bored with it by now if it was not for them. Also makes me what to learn alittle more about what they do. Thanks to all that deserve it!!

22. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Im not seeing a shoutbox just a forum

23. ska.t73

Yea it looks like he shut it down for a while... I just tried the link again and it is now just the forums...

From what I read in the shout box, the guy who runs the forums said that BD accused him of stealing donations, the guy denied it and BD stole the database...

24. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

25. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

No way I'm gonna sticky this guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.