1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Blacklist Calls?

Last Updated:

1. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I tried searching on the forums but I cant seem to find any info on this.

Is there a blacklist app that allows me to simply reject (either by picking up and hanging up, or by saying the number is disconnected) numbers that I specify. I used an app called iblacklist on my iphone and it works wonders for this. I was wondering if there is something in the market that functions the same as this. iblacklist also removes the calls from the recent calls list, that would be useful but not very important.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. seeepeee

seeepeee New Member

If you look at a contact, hit the menu button, and go to options, you can send a call directly to voicemail. You might be able to make a blacklist contact and just put in all of the phone numbers that you don't want to hear from. Don't know if that's what you're looking for but that's what I've got off of the top of my head.

3. parker09

parker09 Well-Known Member

You can do it with ChompSMS I think, but I'm guessing that's only SMS's.

4. HTC

yeah, I need a better solution than just adding numbers to send to voicemail.. but I might just end up using that for now until someone has a different solution for me. thanks !

5. xdmanalo

xdmanalo Well-Known Member

You can start using google voice which has that option.

6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Try appbrain.com as well.

It does have its caveats though.

HTC likes this.
  7. Bane

Bane Well-Known Member

HTC likes this.
  8. HTC

oh kool ! I never knew a site like appbrain even existed. I dont get my nexus one till tomorrow morning :D

9. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

You could get a GV number and really just use it for voice mail, then you can block all the numbers you want. They go to the spam folder so you can un-block them later if you want.
    Of course, GV is great for texting too, but it does a great job with voice mail. Transcription is the best...I love trying to figure some of the messages out.
    I just blocked my first caller...yay! lol. Someone either mis-dialed or has a wrong number but from now on they will simply hear that the number is not in service!

10. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I use google voice to do this and it is awesome. It doesn't just block calls to your google voice number, it will block any calls from that number to your cellphone also. No ringing, no voicemail, u never have to know they called again. Just another awesome feature of GV.

11. texasagent

texasagent New Member

Do a search in the market for 'call blocker'. There are number of apps that are similar to iblacklist. Unfortunately, none are as feature-full as that one that I have found, but one of those may suffice to do what you're looking for.

12. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Not sure if you're on Verizon or not, but on the My Verizon site there is a place where you can enter phone numbers to ignore. Other carriers may have similar options.

13. xmnj

xmnj Active Member

I use callfilter (free version), you can set it to either forward to voice or to just pick up and hang up.

14. HTC

I ended up buying Extreme Call Blocker Droid. Its a bit more expensive at 4.99, but the advanced features are amazing. Especially the one that allows you to play a high pitch noise when picking up the call. That'll stop the telemarketers from calling again. Another funny one is one that emulates a phone ringing, so the person on the other line thinks its still ringing when infact, it already picked up.