BlackMod CleanLooks ROM & ESE53 vs. ESE81

Last Updated:

1. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

**Ignore the Mad emoticon - my mistake, meant for the open mouth droid..not...mad lol

1 - Whenever I load the BlackMod CleanLooks ROM by Mr.Bobrowitz I get the very simple look which is what im looking for but after a while the Market app and Map app will 'update' themselves back into their stock version and no longer the themed version of CleanLooks.

Is this a known issue? or is there something I can do over ADB in order to fix this?

2 - At this moment I am running BB v.9 ESE53 and notice a significant difference between ESE53 and ESE81.. ESE53 is SUPER fast compared to any Cyno ROM ive ran that uses ESE81.... and this is even while using a kernel prepacked with BB or a kernel from P3... Why is this? Is it just the load time or what?

I ask because since, in my experience, ESE53 is way faster I can't understand why people say that ESE81 is faster.

Any insight would help, because I really like the BlackMod CleanLook or the variation of themes that Cyno seems to have as oppose to BB... BB is lacking on themes, or maybe I just cant find them.. =[

Thanks Guys!

Advertisement
  2. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

I've heard of the market thing happening to others... From what everyone could piece together it was from a stealth update to market that google pushed out. It didn't prompt anything or tell you it was updated, the person it was happening too just happened to notice that the version number was updated.

Not sure about the speed thing, I haven't really compared the two since I'm happy with the speed of CM. I do think I'm going to be going to BB once Pete releases 1.0 officialy...

3. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

My experience has been similar to yours, s1ckGhost, regarding ESE53 versus ESE81 speed. I've tried several ESE81 ROMs and I keep going back to Pete's BB v0.8 (an ESE53 ROM) because of the lag on the ESE81 ROMs. I'm anxiously waiting for Pete's official release of BB v1.0 before I switch again, but I'm fully prepared to drop back to what I'm running now if it's not as fast.

4. ska.t73

From what I have heard from everyone using the leaked version of BB 1.0 it is fast as fast can be... I'm wait for the official release for the goodies and wanting to run the finished product...

The other thing I just thought about that might be causing the speed issues from 53 to 81 could be the code that google changed to throtle back the FPS. From my understanding they took it from 60 fps down to 30 fps, not sure why... I thought though that I had heard Koush had fixed this in CM 5062...

5. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

That's what I've read, too, and I can't wait to try it once it's got all the new goodies!

6. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member

Eh, I'm running an ESE81 based ROM (the most current Cyanogen) and it's awesome in every way imaginable.

7. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe Cyanogen ROMs are based off of AOSP, not ESE81.

8. ska.t73

Actually you are correct... so yea the FPS throttle should not effect CM at all...

9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

This is correct. Koush uses some drivers from ESE81 and thats it. In the phone info it will say ESE81 but that is only so Apps in the Market show up correctly.

10. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member

Yeah, I forgot that Koush's ROMs are "built from source" (whatever that means).

Anyway, I've used ESE81-based ROMs (Fab's, BB, UD) and I've also used ESE53-based ROMs. All of the ESE81 ROMs I've run thus far have been just as awesome as the ESE53 based ROMs (and probably better).

11. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm..well thanks guys =] very informative