• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blank Desktop App???

I have a HUGE problem with my ex picking up my phone and trying to poke around in it. I also have a problem with babies poking around on my phone also. I can so often see the scenario of some infant wiping my phone out with one touch. That is number one, number two is that same baby dropping my phone in the toilet or a bucket of water (I'm responsible enough not to leave these things around and doors unlocked). I have app protection, but you can get to the apps and need to put in a number, I don't even want the ex to see those. I want an app where the screen is blank or you can set an alternate wallpaper and when the screen is pressed, nothing comes up. Oh, and if possible free. I've tried some but they were annoying or had some really sad wallpapers, not only that, you could see what was on the desktop. I don't want that at all.

It's not just locking. I'd like to make the first screen on my phone the default. I use my own pics for wallpaper and only have a small analog clock otherwise. I find that more pleasing than a screen full of apps. This would apply whether or not the phone is locked.
Move all of your shortcuts to a different screen and leave the now blank one ... blank. Or set a blank screen as the "home" home screen. I'm not sure about the stock launcher, but I know Go Launcher has the ability to change it.

Why not just lock the phone with a password or pattern lock?
Also, this. ^ Or you could keep your phone in your pocket ... purse ... bra ... wherever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones