Blank home screen after rebootSupport

Last Updated:

1. Blzngflame

Blzngflame New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 31, 2010
    I haven't found this issue anywhere, so I thought I'd see I'd else has had this issue. After rebooting my Droid X yesterday, my home screen was totally black - no icons or home screen icons. In a roundabout way, I was able to access other features like texting and web browser, but it seems the OS not accessible. I took it to a Verizon store, and they were perplexed also. They just ordered me a new phone, which will be here Tuesday.

Had anyone else experienced this problem?

Found a solution for my problem above. With the phone turned OFF, hold the power button AND the menu button to turn on. Keep holding until phone boots up past Motorola screen. The phone will be in "safe mode." I was able to uninstall some potential problem apps (i.e., Advanced Task Killer and a security app). After powering off and on after uninstalling those apps -- VOILA !! everything is back to perfect working order with no loss of remaining apps or contacts.

I actually saw this solution for the original Droid and took a chance. This works for Droid X also.

adl0090 likes this.