"Blank" Icon-Transparent for "No See" Shortcut

Last Updated:

1. EinZtein

EinZtein Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been using a simple transparent icon to use on my home screen for shortcuts with no icon visible.

I use Desktop Visualizer and select blank.png and I can add shortcuts to my home screen that can't be seen.

I don't need to see text cluttering up my beautiful Amoled screen and wallpaper.

Just be sure where your new shortcuts are going so you'll know where to find it and move to your preferred location on your home screen.

I use DV Small then move to preferred location and size accordingly in Launcher Pro Plus.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    moepda, Vampscry, brunetto and 7 others like this.
  2. cchili00

cchili00 Member

Funny, I was just asking about this very item on another thread :D Now I tried saving the image to my phone, but for some reason when I load as an icon with DV it's showing up as a white square, even with choosing the icon background as transparent. Is there some other setting I am missing?

3. EinZtein

It's transparent on my Incredible.

Let me think

4. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

There are a few ways to do this as well. I've been rocking a completely clean desktop for awhile. I use LauncherPro+ and just long press on the dock icons, then choose custom icon. All you need to do at that stage is pick a transparent png from your Gallery (assuming you put one there ;) ). The cool thing about that is, not only is it easy to figure out where the shortcut is, but you can also choose a swipe gesture shortcut too. If you use something like Folder Organizer, then you can open pretty much anything from your dock, including large folders, with nothing covering up your beautiful wallpaper. You can set it up to where you don't even need to open the app drawer, if you don't want. There is also an application called Stealth Launcher that allows you to set transparency levels of the app icons on your home screen. If I remember correctly, there are like 21 different levels. If you are looking to make a transparent PNG, it's pretty easy. If you have GIMP, just open up any PNG (or you can pick any pic, and use GIMP to convert it to a PNG) then: Right Click > Edit > Clear. Bam, done. Should show up as a checkered gray/black box. Obviously there would be a similar way to do this with Photoshop, but I have not worked with that much, so hopefully someone can chime in with those instructions. Hope this helps.

5. stillblackpond

stillblackpond Member

:) that clear png is awesome. using desktop visualizer i assigned the clear icon to ALL my desktop apps and now have perfect, complete 'text' icons. major timesaver and looks fantastic cause adjusting the size of the text is possible as well. i use launcher pro and cleared out my dock too. because of the buttons on the evo handset, i never found a visual dock appealing. now super clean:) thanks man!

6. cchili00

cchili00 Member

Worked fine once I got home and downloaded to desktop computer, must have had to do with trying to download directly to the phone.

Thanks!!:D

7. EinZtein

Cool, glad it's working...

8. bgibbs

bgibbs New Member

Thanks! I needed this!

9. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Well-Known Member

I'm getting the problem with it being a white square (droid x) any ideas?

10. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

11. sam4Garx

sam4Garx New Member

Thanks works great with my new dock background

12. EinZtein

Great to see this getting some use. It gets heavy use on my Incredible, which I feel is still one if the best devices out there.

Can't beat the optic trackball.

13. brunetto

brunetto New Member

thank you man

14. nyssa

nyssa Well-Known Member

You can also do this with Simple Text, no images needed! Just long-press the app, tap the icon to change it, select Simple Text, and just type a space. Save, and tada! You have an invisible icon.