• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blank screen during call?

jpeepers

Lurker
Jan 3, 2010
Is there any way or app that will make the screen blank during a call? I have search and found nothing so far. It appears that the Hero does not have a proximity sensor so the screen stays active during a call and I am always touching it with my face which hangs up or launches something etc.
Very annoying. :mad:

Thanks.

I asked the developer of LockBot Pro to add the ability to lock the screen during a call... the latest update adds this functionality, and it's been working well for me so far.
As soon as the screen blacks out, the screen is then locked with your LockBot lockscreen.

I had used proximity sensor, but I like this better so far...

so does that mean, when you're in a call, and the screen blacks out, you have to go through the unlock process to use the dialpad again? Entering a code into a menu or something would be a pain in the butt with that, correct?

Upvote 0
so does that mean, when you're in a call, and the screen blacks out, you have to go through the unlock process to use the dialpad again? Entering a code into a menu or something would be a pain in the butt with that, correct?

Unlock process, as in slide to unlock, not entering a code. For instance, I have a Flan-style set as my lock screen (replacing the stock "slide down to unlock" Hero screen). When I'm in a call, the screen blanks, if I need to use the dialpad again, I unlock it just as I normally would, with one slide.
I tend to put my phone in my pocket sometimes while on a call (using headphone headset)... this keeps me from pushing screen buttons while on a call.

Upvote 0
Unlock process, as in slide to unlock, not entering a code. For instance, I have a Flan-style set as my lock screen (replacing the stock "slide down to unlock" Hero screen). When I'm in a call, the screen blanks, if I need to use the dialpad again, I unlock it just as I normally would, with one slide.
I tend to put my phone in my pocket sometimes while on a call (using headphone headset)... this keeps me from pushing screen buttons while on a call.

to each his own I suppose. I have no problems with hitting buttons during a call, and when my screen blanks out, I hit either menu or the end call button, and it turns back on, unlocked (I think, doesn't happen very often that I have to turn the screen back on lol)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones